Howard Law

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
My dad fell in love with my SET AR with the 24" Varmint upper. He was smiling ear to ear shooting at 600 yards for the first time at Talladega. Since then he's told me MULTIPLE times that he wants that gun if I ever decide to sell it. Soooo....... Surprise! I'm just gonna build him his own.

I happened across the EXACT SAME barrel as I have for a really good price. Bought it, brought it home, went to put it on a Spikes upper I had and.....

uh oh....

383871E6-960D-45EB-86DD-DF08944F72B2.jpeg

No Bueno... The ramps in the extension are not M4 ramps...

Soooo.... I grabbed my complete 24" RRA Upper and see the cuts DO extend into the receiver, but not to the same extent as an M4.

4C46108C-BA88-46BC-881A-831BE493F05E.jpeg

Is this some weird proprietary ramp? I know it's not advised to run a standard barrel with an M4 receiver, it's alright to run an M4 barrel with a standard receiver, and it's best to run matching receiver with matching barrel.

955B319E-D07C-414C-BE75-0257D76CDFB1.jpeg

All this being said, if I have to buy a new receiver anyway, do any of y'all know of a Left hand upper with a standard feed ramp? (He's a Southpaw) I'd rather get one so I could build it out 100% to him.

Reactions: shootin4fun

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
You had better grab one as that is a great price. Normally I have seen them from 150-175 range. BTW, they may be one less after I tell the wife that I can build her a lefty....

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
You had better grab one as that is a great price. Normally I have seen them from 150-175 range. BTW, they may be one less after I tell the wife that I can build her a lefty....
Lol! I Was gonna wait til Monday and call about an upper also. BUT, when you put it that way..... Tell the Mrs. Sorry for me. Thanks Smiles! That was a really good price for an IN STOCK Stag Left Hand BCG.

Reactions: Righter13

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
You're welcome. I have been up to his store when he had both uppers and BCG's for lefties in stock. Not a very common item to find stocked local. Justin is good people and it should ship out Monday. He also stands behind what he sells. I've got one of his 18" spiral fluted, 5R, melonited barrels with a NV setup on it. Last time I made the trip; buddy and myself got Sig 1911 TacOps in 9mm for $749 when he had them on sale. I've spent more than a few $$ with him and never been disappointed.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
You're welcome. I have been up to his store when he had both uppers and BCG's for lefties in stock. Not a very common item to find stocked local. Justin is good people and it should ship out Monday. He also stands behind what he sells. I've got one of his 18" spiral fluted, 5R, melonited barrels with a NV setup on it. Last time I made the trip; buddy and myself got Sig 1911 TacOps in 9mm for $749 when he had them on sale. I've spent more than a few $$ with him and never been disappointed.
I got a shipping verification with a tracking number within an hour of placing the order. I emailed him about the upper as well, told him Allsmiles sent me, (whatever your real name is lol) but have not heard back yet. Either way, I'm impressed with his prices and quick shipping. Maybe we can get him on here and send some business his way. I'd rather buy local any day. I'm gonna wait to hear from him about the upper before I order it from Brownells.