dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
So Facebook Has Gone And Done It!

facebook-gun630x354-150x150.png

This week mark Zuckerberg announced that it is changing it's policy on it's social platforms Instagram and Facebook regarding the buying, selling and exchanging of firearms on those platforms. That means users can no longer offer or coordinate the private sale of firearms on the site. This policy also applies to the sale of gun parts and ammunition, said a Facebook spokeswoman. The new policy brings the regulation of firearms sales in line with the company's bans on the sale of marijuana and prescription drugs on its network. If Facebook detects any posts that violates the new directive, it will review the posts and remove them, if necessary. Thousands of Facebook Groups, Pages, Facebook members as well as Instagram members will be affected as early as midnight on February 02, 2016. Facebook said it could take some time to identify all the Facebook Groups and Pages, but as they do identify them, they will systematically shut them down for not complying with their new anti-2A policy.

This action has come to no surprise to many, including myself. Foreseeing this as being a next step in the liberal agenda of Mark Zuckerberg's corporate enterprise, SoutheastTraders.com was born. It was born as an alternative to Facebook and Instagram and other gun forum sites like TheOutdoorsTrader.com to promote a healthy, unified gun community that embraced the Constitution, especially the 2nd Amendment without being overly moderated, or private messages being read without a system notice being sent to the member or a litany of rules that should only be applied to a kindergarten classroom.

We believe we have an amazing site with an amazing base of core members at SoutheastTraders. We have been encouraged by it's continued growth. In fact we have grown over 200 members in the last 24 hours alone and it doesn't appear to be slowing down! This is encouraging. What else is encouraging is more sites like ours will be popping up due to Facebook's new policy. It is our hope that we can create a network of sites that embrace the freedoms that we cherish and stand united in strength.
Continue reading the original Southeast Traders article.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
just saw that. i dont use facebook but hate that those who do have it and wish to talk/trade/sell guns cant now.....

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
They've actually gone as far as unpublishing SoutheastTraders Facebook page and I'm appealing it.

They also shutdown Georgia Gun Trader with 35K members!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
They've actually gone as far as unpublishing SoutheastTraders Facebook page and I'm appealing it.

They also shutdown Georgia Gun Trader with 35K members!
It's such bullshit. They allow drug dealers to sell pot baked in cookies, but won't allow us to sell legal goods. If I didn't rely on it for business, and keeping up with friends in the EU I'd nuke my account right now.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
It's such bullshit. They allow drug dealers to sell pot baked in cookies, but won't allow us to sell legal goods. If I didn't rely on it for business, and keeping up with friends in the EU I'd nuke my account right now.

What really sucks is we only post articles relating to guns, hunting, fishing, outdoors on the SET Facebook page. We don't buy, sell or trade there. We hope to push them from the FB page to the actual site. Additionally, we just surpassed the total number of followers on TheOutdoorsTrader Facebook page today too!

I have an appeal in and if that doesn't work, I have a friend that is a product manager on Facebook Pages Team that I can hit up.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What really sucks is we only post articles relating to guns, hunting, fishing, outdoors on the SET Facebook page. We don't buy, sell or trade there. We hope to push them from the FB page to the actual site. Additionally, we just surpassed the total number of followers on TheOutdoorsTrader Facebook page today too!

I have an appeal in and if that doesn't work, I have a friend that is a product manager on Facebook Pages Team that I can hit up.
I'd be interested to see how First Amendment rights would apply to this policy. FB is a public company after all, and is probably owned in part by quite a few gun owners.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code

that is so stupid.

congrats on the followers though!!

Reactions: Kaotiktribe

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
fuck facebook

it is progressive social media, despite what others say

i deleted mine in december. couldnt be happier. glad to see i made the right move

now yall nut up and deactivate yours. we have a better online community here

Reactions: dougiemac

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
fuck facebook

i deleted mine in december. couldnt be happier. glad to see i made the right move

agreed. been off of it since I was 16-17 years old. hated it then and judging by the shit i see from friends screen shotting and such, I would hate it even more now.

Reactions: Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
agreed. been off of it since I was 16-17 years old. hated it then and judging by the shit i see from friends screen shotting and such, I would hate it even more now.
this

i made it realize how fucked up some of my so called friends thoughts and views were. its amazing how disrespectful some folks could be on there to. but if you see them at a party they are all like "hey pal".

im just disrespectful everywhere i go

Reactions: Leshaire

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
fuck facebook

I'd love too bro, but I work in digital marketing and social media management and need one to access my client's accounts.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I'd love too bro, but I work in digital marketing and social media management and need one to access my client's accounts.
that unfortunately is the case simply due to how popular it is. companies kind of have to use it or they miss out. hopefully though enough people will be leaving sooner rather than later that it wont matter too much

but i think its going to go the way of myspace eventually.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
fuck facebook

Good for you!

No.

Reactions: Thenut

Kaotiktribe

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
There's a lot of great guys in the FB gun pages as well.

I believe that and am all for more traffic and making this community larger. just most of the adds i have seen on multiple forums that make me wanna bash my head in seem to be the Facebook/Armslist/Craigslist type.