Sniper nails ISIS member from over 2.1 miles away?!?! HOW?!

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

ApplePep

Scout
Jun 27, 2017
How in the world is that even possible? The skill to do that would be unreal, and im sure it involved a little luck also. Hitting a target 2.1 miles away with a bulletin is just crazy to me. How can you even see that far the optics alone would have to be insane for it to work.

2.1 miles! MILES!!!! I have a hard time hitting 250 yards consistently and this bloke is shooting MILES!

2.1 miles is equal to a lot of stuff like

• Nearly 38 football fields
  • The length of the National Mall from the Capitol Building to the Lincoln Memorial
  • 3 and a half times the length of Chicago’s Navy Pier
  • Nine Empire State Buildings
  • 40 Statues of Liberty stacked on one another
  • 13,583 Strips of Bacon (the normal kind, not the Canadian kind)
  • 1886 and a half Gretskies
  • 142 Canadian Maple trees
  • 56.5 ice hockey rinks
  • 188 Tim Hortons lined up in a row

Shawn Agne

Woodsman
Feb 22, 2016
We run a club fun match at Atterbury called Longest shot we start at 1000yds and it has been won the last couple time back at 2,000yds, KD3 goes back a little bit farther but we usually run out of time.  Also there are matches out west called King of 2 mile, friend of mine just participated in it this past week, so people shooting that far is not unheard of.  It is undoubtedly a great shot.  However the one thing they don't tell you is how many shots did he take before he made the kill shot.  It wasn't on one shot.  Friend of mine who is one of our club members and shoots our matches ran USN Seal Sniper school out on the west coast before it was consolidated all into one school at Atterbury.  He said on any of the record shots that you read about there are multiple ranging shots being taken until they hit the target.  

Shawn Agne

Woodsman
Feb 22, 2016
Talked to my friend above as we both were shooting a 3x600 at Cincy yesterday.  He said enough guys at his work (USNSW Crane were talking about it that he wrote up a brief)from  the eports they were getting back it was 12-15 shots.  Also it was a group of guys Mortar/RPG team so the rounds were just walked in and he hit one of the guys from the team.  Ballistically using the best .50cal round your wind drift at that range in a 1mph crosswind is around 60" he also figured it out for the 408 CheyTach and the 338LM.  Nobody can accurately call wind to the 1mph and wind is not consistent all the way so even if you measure it at the firing point or at a given location you still won't know what the prevailing wind condition is.  Hence why he walked it in with 12-15 rounds.  Like I said heck of a shot, but just want everyone to understand it wasn't a 1 shot I got the bad guy Hollywood type thing.