Smith & Wesson Model 64-2

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Friday while I was out for lunch I stopped in at a local gun shop that is close to where I work. While browsing the used gun counter I spotted a nice looking S&W revolver. The lockup was tight and there was absolutely no wear on the grips. It was marked $459 and I could not leave it there. I asked how much to buy it today and the owner came back with $400. SOLD without even a second thought. This is a late seventies era Model 64-2. It's stainless with the original grips, original box, cleaning kit and manuals. I filled out the paperwork, paid for it and headed back to work.

What makes this one more special to me, this is my very first Smith & Wesson revolver. Here are a couple pictures. I think this was a great buy. What do you think?

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
That's a real nice looking Smith&Wesson.
That will make a real nice carry peace. Is it chambered in 38 special or 357 mag.
Nice score.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I might very well be ordering another mold. I want to start reloading for my 357 and 38 special. I have only looked briefly for molds, but I already have the dies for my press.

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I shot 12 round on Sunday before the range closed and I had to leave. This 38 shots very good and the trigger in single action is fantastic. At 7 yards I think you would have to try to miss.