Smith and Wesson 686 357 Magnum 4" (Video)

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
So for the longest time I have believed what I read on the internet.... I know, scary right! You always here that you HAVE to have a semi-auto and revolvers are outdated an useless. Now I know the higher capacity semi autos definitely have advantages over a revolver, but I think a nice revolver will do almost anything you need in a self defense weapon.

Now I try not to base all my opinions or gun purchases off personal defense alone, even though thats what I've done for a long time. Im a gun guy and I enjoy all different types of firearms. So with that being said, Ive decided to take a different turn this time around and I bought something different. I purchased a nice S&W 686 357 Magnum with a 4" barrel. I actually owned one of these 7-8 years ago and like a fool, I sold it.

After the first range trip with this guy I can tell you one thing.... Ive missed shooting a magnum revolver! It just puts a smile on your face!!! So I can already tell this definitely wont be my last magnum revolver purchase!

Im still going to purchase and shoot my semi autos and Ill still be carrying my G19 or P320 Compact as my daily carry but revolvers will definitely be mixed into the bunch from now on!

Here is a video of the first range trip.... Definitely leave some comments letting us know your opinions on revolvers as well.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Funny, I am watching The Dead Pool with Harry Callaghan blasting tbe hell out of everyone with is .44 mag revolver! The bad guys are having a bad day.

Reactions: NolansMindset

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Every man needs a .357 mag. That was my first handgun. My dad started me right with a S&W model 66 with a 6" barrel. I'll never get rid of that gun. A 4" GP100 is on my wish list.

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Every man needs a .357 mag. That was my first handgun. My dad started me right with a S&W model 66 with a 6" barrel. I'll never get rid of that gun. A 4" GP100 is on my wish list.

I couldnt agree more!! Your dad definitely started you out right for sure!!

Reactions: Rwjeter