silver ring out of a quarter

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
had no idea what to get my mother for christmas, so i figured id make her something

doesnt seem hard. this is my first attempt (this is about 2 hours of hammering lightly)

heads.jpg tails.jpg

Reactions: scand

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Hell ya! Something from the heart, that you make. Priceless!

Reactions: Thenut

sniper22

Hunter
Apr 23, 2015
Taylorsville ga
My 84yr old uncle has made dozens of rings from silver quarters. He would use a table spoon and roll the quarter on his leg. When he had it the width he wanted he would use his pocket knife to bore out the center. He made my mom's ring for my dad to give her when they got married.
That's awesome work @Thenut! Your mom should be extremely proud.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
My 84yr old uncle has made dozens of rings from silver quarters. He would use a table spoon and roll the quarter on his leg. When he had it the width he wanted he would use his pocket knife to bore out the center. He made my mom's ring for my dad to give her when they got married.
That's awesome work @Thenut! Your mom should be extremely proud.
damn, i couldnt imagine using a spoon and a pocket knife

this took some time, and i used a dremel tool and a hammer lol

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I've never seen this before- but I'd love to give it a try.

I remember my Granddad working on a buffalo nickle with me when I was a kid. He took a Dremel tool and started grinding away everything that was around the buffalo. We ended up with a pendent. Not nearly as cool as the ring- I like it.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
im going to give this another try

this time i will round out the edges with a hammer in the same fashion, and use a drill to start the hole

but instead of a hand file i will attempt to use some tungsten carbide bits i got for my dremel. these are supposed to work great on non-ferrous metals.

or maybe i will use the handfile and the bits for the end