Silencerco new products

American Revival Apparel Company

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
No, he wants it. You know how he is with integrals. Exact opposite of me really.
Integrals are quieter. Suppressors are about the "sshhhh."

Having said that. I own five suppressors....only one is integral.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Dumb question. How much advancement do you believe is left in the field of making a better muffler?
Good question. It definitely seems like the tech has plateaued. Original designs like the one that came out a couple of years ago resembling jet engine turbines, didn't perform as well as current baffle stacks.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Dumb question. How much advancement do you believe is left in the field of making a better muffler?
I'm a lawyer, so I'm qualified to criticize all other professions.

I've seen test with 22lr where the shot metered louder on an empty chamber than with a live round. Meaning report was literally quieter than the noise of the firing pin striking it's limit on the breach face. So 22lr seems pretty maxed out to me until a manufacturer starts making rubber lined replaceable parts for those seeking the quietest action.

Further, I've shot rounds with hilariously low muzzle pressure on gigantic volume integrals( 16" 44special integral with only 8" of ported barrel). And it seemed no quieter than a detachable suppressor. It seems to be that a bullet simply makes a decent amount of its own noise as it vibrates and cuts through the air.

Of course all this scientific knowledge comes from my work on my family's pickle farm, where we pick vine ripe pickles.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm a lawyer, so I'm qualified to criticize all other professions.

I've seen test with 22lr where the shot metered louder on an empty chamber than with a live round. Meaning report was literally quieter than the noise of the firing pin striking it's lot on the breach face. So 22lr seems pretty maxed out to me until a manufacturer starts making rubber lined replaceable parts for those seeking the quietest action.

Further, I've shot rounds with hilariously low muzzle pressure on gigantic volume integrals( 16" 44special integral with only 8" of ported barrel). And it seemed no quieter than a detachable suppressor. It seems to be that a bullet simply makes a decent amount of its own noise as it vibrates and cuts through the air.

Of course all this scientific knowledge comes from my work on my family's pickle farm, where we pick vine ripe pickles.
lol, actually very informative.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Integrals are quieter. Suppressors are about the "sshhhh."

Having said that. I own five suppressors....only one is integral.
Honesty if suppressors weren't so regulated I think I'd be really into integrals. Having about all the cans I want now, integrals kind of call to me, just none have struck my fancy yet. If someone makes a mp5sd style 9mm integral that ports 124gr NATO down to subsonic then I'd be pretty pumped.

Reactions: DarthVader

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Honesty if suppressors weren't so regulated I think I'd be really into integrals. Having about all the cans I want now, integrals kind of call to me, just none have struck my fancy yet. If someone makes a mp5sd style 9mm integral that ports 124gr NATO down to subsonic then I'd be pretty pumped.
For me, with the Leonidas, it was all about practicality and utility. I got into the .300blk game to shoot it suppressed only so I knew that if I built an SBR, it would stay "canned." And an SBR with a can is roughly 16" anyway and has way less volume than an integral of equal length...it just made sense.

Having said that....there's also just something cool about an integrally suppressed weapon. Nothing added on, nothing screwed on....it's just "pew" and that's cool to me.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If they weren't so regulated, I wouldn't have this constant cicada chorus in my fucking ears all of the time.

Reactions: PewPewPewCo

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
For me, with the Leonidas, it was all about practicality and utility. I got into the .300blk game to shoot it suppressed only so I knew that if I built an SBR, it would stay "canned." And an SBR with a can is roughly 16" anyway and has way less volume than an integral of equal length...it just made sense.

Having said that....there's also just something cool about an integrally suppressed weapon. Nothing added on, nothing screwed on....it's just "pew" and that's cool to me.
Love your Leo. I'm just not too into the blk. If 358 gremlin or a larger diameter option showed up and liberty tackled it, then I would be hella interested.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Ehhhhh maybe, I'm not sure how quiet they could get it at 16" while still having decent enough barrel for the full charge rounds. That 50 Cal bore is going to let some noise out.
aqlsi1lszqe0xlf58dl4.png