Sig p320 drop problem

GA Firing Line

Uthightower

Scout
Sep 12, 2017
Utah
Zip code
I purchased a sig p320, before I had knowledge of the 30 degree drop angle on rear of gun. Will discharge a round. Sig will repair it for free, by sending it in for repair. With over 500,000 sold it will take what seems for ever to get back. Sig calls it an up-grade on the trigger. I have only dropped a pistol once in my life when I was 20 and it was not loaded. I was cleaning it. At this point I'm not so concerned and not in a hurry to send it in, with all of the massive returns going on. Dose anyone agree or disagree with my choice ?

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I have a SPAS 12 with a suicide safety. Who am I to judge? Lol. I would probably send it in for the "upgrade" though. If you ever decide to get rid of it people will more than likely be more interested if it has been done. Also, I tend to get butterfingers and a stressful situation. Knowing my luck I would draw and catch my shirt or something and it would drop at the 30° and kill me.

Reactions: erkinator 2

manki77

Hunter
Apr 21, 2017
alpharetta
Zip code
I purchased a sig p320, before I had knowledge of the 30 degree drop angle on rear of gun. Will discharge a round. Sig will repair it for free, by sending it in for repair. With over 500,000 sold it will take what seems for ever to get back. Sig calls it an up-grade on the trigger. I have only dropped a pistol once in my life when I was 20 and it was not loaded. I was cleaning it. At this point I'm not so concerned and not in a hurry to send it in, with all of the massive returns going on. Dose anyone agree or disagree with my choice ?

At this point there are a bunch of us in the same boat, but SIG still has not yet sent the go ahead to send in the gun. They will pay for shipping so really the only thing you will be out of is 5 to 10 weeks without your SIG. But at this moment no work yet when they will be sending out shipping labels to those of us that have signed up for the "voluntary" upgrade

Reactions: Uthightower

Laces_Out_Marino

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Aug 14, 2015
CANTON, GA
Zip code
I have a pistol that was just part of the ruger recall for the MKIV. I think it took them about a week from when I sent it in to when I got it back. and they threw in a free mag.

I have a SPAS 12 with a suicide safety. Who am I to judge? Lol. I would probably send it in for the "upgrade" though. If you ever decide to get rid of it people will more than likely be more interested if it has been done. Also, I tend to get butterfingers and a stressful situation. Knowing my luck I would draw and catch my shirt or something and it would drop at the 30° and kill me.

I also have a Spas with the suicide safety. its on the list of things to do.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I would park it in the safe and wait until the repair or "upgrade" process starts, especially of you are already on the list for a return label and have an RMA number or however it works.

If you feel the need to carry it then you are simply placing yourself and the lives of those around you while the gun is loaded. Just because you have never dropped a gun before doesn't mean it will not happen. If you have ever read any ND stories you will know this to be true. As long as you accept responsibility and liability for those around you and for death or injury in the event that a discharge happens then carry away. Cops and lawyers will look at it as gross negligence on your part in that event.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I'd send it in... only because I'm afraid of the liability (and I have terrible luck).

I would be at the range one day, and through some crazy, unfortunate chain of events, the pistol would get dropped, shoot someone else, and then I have to defend my choice to not have it "upgraded" even though I was aware of the problem.

Reactions: Uthightower

Uthightower

Scout
Sep 12, 2017
Utah
Zip code
At this point there are a bunch of us in the same boat, but SIG still has not yet sent the go ahead to send in the gun. They will pay for shipping so really the only thing you will be out of is 5 to 10 weeks without your SIG. But at this moment no work yet when they will be sending out shipping labels to those of us that have signed up for the "voluntary" upgrade
Thanks for the info.
I would park it in the safe and wait until the repair or "upgrade" process starts, especially of you are already on the list for a return label and have an RMA number or however it works.

If you feel the need to carry it then you are simply placing yourself and the lives of those around you while the gun is loaded. Just because you have never dropped a gun before doesn't mean it will not happen. If you have ever read any ND stories you will know this to be true. As long as you accept responsibility and liability for those around you and for death or injury in the event that a discharge happens then carry away. Cops and lawyers will look at it as gross negligence on your part in that event.
I never thought about it that way. Thanks mac11fa

Uthightower

Scout
Sep 12, 2017
Utah
Zip code
I'd send it in... only because I'm afraid of the liability (and I have terrible luck).

I would be at the range one day, and through some crazy, unfortunate chain of events, the pistol would get dropped, shoot someone else, and then I have to defend my choice to not have it "upgraded" even though I was aware of the problem.
With the way this sig. I was only thinking of my self and thinking how safe I am with firearms. Just like you said, it could be unseen sircumstances. I needed a fresh view from others. Thanks 1911 and to all that contributed to this problem. I do have other pistols, I can to take to the range.

Reactions: dial1911

Uthightower

Scout
Sep 12, 2017
Utah
Zip code
For a carry gun I would be concerned. If it's just a range toy then I wouldn't be as worried
Yay, it's just a range gun. At one time, before the safely issue. I was considering for run and gun competition. Not a good idea now. I still love that trigger and reset.

Uthightower

Scout
Sep 12, 2017
Utah
Zip code
Your right. With your comment under stress, butter finger. It could happen. Right? You never know when Murphy's law comes along.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Waiting to send mine back, but I'm not personally worried about the "drop test failure". I carried "series 70" type 1911's for years.......don't drop one of those on the muzzle with a round in the chamber. Same thing with the Browning HP.

I can see being worried about liability in their carry gun, won't fault anyone for that. Run and gun competition pistol, though? Knock yourself out! I made USPSA GM with a 1911 with a 2lb 3oz trigger. Shot that gun for years and still shoot it, but I wouldn't wanna drop it while loaded!