Sig mpx suppressed

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Very nice!

Did the cat ever try to come back in your yard?

calebp

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
United States
Is it less action noise you think?

How gassy?

Definitely less action noise than an AR9, haven't shot an mp5 or evo to compare it to but would love to shoot then side by side. Blowback was zero with the factory length barrel, hoping cutting the barrel down doesn't increase the blowback. Was pretty nervous to tie up this much cash in a 1st gen sig design but other than the charging handle I couldn't be more pleased

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Definitely less action noise than an AR9, haven't shot an mp5 or evo to compare it to but would love to shoot then side by side. Blowback was zero with the factory length barrel, hoping cutting the barrel down doesn't increase the blowback. Was pretty nervous to tie up this much cash in a 1st gen sig design but other than the charging handle I couldn't be more pleased
Nice! You don't think shortening the barrel could affect cycling?

I feel like mp5's sound about the same as an AR9 with proper buffer

calebp

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
United States
Nice! You don't think shortening the barrel could affect cycling?

I feel like mp5's sound about the same as an AR9 with proper buffer

Dobbs cut rdoggers down and he said it still functions 100%. Worst comes to worst I'll pick up anoth 8" barrel. Probably snag one if it isn't as quiet too. Not sure what losing 4" will do overall to sound signature. Hopefully not much.

Reactions: Krtismo

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I really wish they wouldn't have put that afterthought of a charging handle on it. Other than that these guns are awesome

Reactions: Krtismo

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
From the video it doesn't appear that the bolt held open on the last round?

calebp

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
United States
From the video it doesn't appear that the bolt held open on the last round?

This is correct though it may be due to the overall power of the hand loads
was using. Holds open when cycling by hand, have yet to run anything other than my 850ish fps 147gr reloads in it.

Overall impressions thus far are pretty favorable, sounds great, fires and feeds 100%, but it's not without it's issues. Charging handle slop is real. Last round hold open currently in question. That being said, I love the fuck out of this gun.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
This is correct though it may be due to the overall power of the hand loads
was using. Holds open when cycling by hand, have yet to run anything other than my 850ish fps 147gr reloads in it.

Overall impressions thus far are pretty favorable, sounds great, fires and feeds 100%, but it's not without it's issues. Charging handle slop is real. Last round hold open currently in question. That being said, I love the fuck out of this gun.
those are pretty light reloads...may be the culprit.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Hey guys,

Picked up an mpx recently. Love the hell out of it so far. Suppresses very well. Threw a giessele sd3g in it. Quite a bit of fun. Have Dobbs cut it down for me. Short video, plan to shoot a longer one once I get it back from Brian/Bryan.
That is awesome. Are you running a brace on it or SBR?