Shotgun shell reloading

American Revival Apparel Company

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
I’m balls deep in Mec. Cut my teeth on a mec jr, then moved up to progressives. Currently have idk 5ish running? Idk. Lead, as @T_Max said is insane currently. If you’re just looking to mess around with it, one of those said 5 can be yours.

Reactions: dial1911

TRS

Tracker
Jun 16, 2021
South of the gnat line
I am interested in starting, I've gotten bullpup fever and an curious to try different shot mixes, I realize that current conditions dictate a go slow approach or spend big. Hoping to aquire stuff as it becomes available.

roadsignmcclanahan

Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
Slugs and shot can be loaded on the same. I’ve done both on the Mec Jr, which is a single stage. Last time when I couldn’t find primers, I bought already primed hulls from Ballisitcproducts, and used them. Because you don’t pay a hazmat fee.

TRS

Tracker
Jun 16, 2021
South of the gnat line
Thank you, it's seems a mec Jr is probably the right place for me too start, I'll probably never reload birdshot, and my understanding is mixed shot loads have to be incerted by hand. Hopefully I can find a mec Jr in 12 ga somebody has outgrown.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I’m balls deep in Mec. Cut my teeth on a mec jr, then moved up to progressives. Currently have idk 5ish running? Idk. Lead, as @T_Max said is insane currently. If you’re just looking to mess around with it, one of those said 5 can be yours.
I need to get some lead.... Also some black powder. I want that ish to roll. And some natural wool for wadding. Geez I need so much shit. I did get this in the other day. Well crap... I thought I got a photo of my antique powder/shot scoop. Guess I didn’t. Also carved a new tamp from some oak barn wood. 00CE5FE7-9128-4259-8103-24A2AB819305.jpeg F57AD673-F2FE-462B-BB7C-1DD7308D5660.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: roadsignmcclanahan

roadsignmcclanahan

Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
Here’s what I got, read your manual. Don’t just wing it. Especially if you get a used machine. The first time I reloaded and then shot went about like this.

First shot was perfect. Great pattern, not bad recoil.
Second shot, went PFFT shot fucking rolled out the end of the barrel. Not enough powder.
Third shot, thought ripped my arm out of socket. Over charged like no other.

• Haha
Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Here’s what I got, read your manual. Don’t just wing it. Especially if you get a used machine. The first time I reloaded and then shot went about like this.

First shot was perfect. Great pattern, not bad recoil.
Second shot, went PFFT shot fucking rolled out the end of the barrel. Not enough powder.
Third shot, thought ripped my arm out of socket. Over charged like no other.

Yeah... reading is fundamental. Don't play with gun powder that's going to be set alight inches from your cheek.

• Love
Reactions: roadsignmcclanahan

TRS

Tracker
Jun 16, 2021
South of the gnat line
When I was young an uncle gave me a Spanish made muzzle loading shotgun, I got very few instruction an old 30/40 krag shell as a powder measure, and a can of powder. How I survived is still a mystery especially when I learned by trial and error things like the difference between 4f and 2f powder.