Shooting range

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I got some free fill and had it dumped on the back side of my property. I'm gong to have my own shooting range. I probably got 7-8 dump loads and have some more coming. I took my tractor ( with a front loader) and kept piling it up, so it is about 8-9 ft tall and it is probably 12+ ft thick at the base. Maybe about 30 ft wide or so. They give away free mulch at out county recycling center and I think I'll put a few loads of that in front of this fill. It will be kinda nice not having to go anywhere to do a little shooting. Here is a picture.

rangeberm_zps393ea87a.jpg

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Thanks guys, I think I'll like it. I'm going to have to get some small netting to lay around to retrieve the brass. It is fairly grassy back there. I can spray some round up to kill it and that will help too. Or just cut it short and lay out the netting may be better. I did have a pile of dirt back there a few years ago, but it is all washed away now. It was interesting as the deer would climb the pile and play on it. I need to build some target stands and I guess a working table of some sorts. I bought 200 B27 targets a few years ago, so I'm ready to go on that front. I guess I can try out the new XD .45 compact soon.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Great. You're off to a great start. I had one of those out in the country back in the early 90's. I took logs and railroad ties to frame the back and sides.