SD tactical shut down by ATF for solvent traps

American Revival Apparel Company

permaneo vox

Powered by Silencer Shop
Trusted Trader
Sep 21, 2015
Heart of Georgia
Zip code
Misleading post is misleading. They were told to stop selling 80% components by their IOI. Not the same as being raided.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
whew was about to get pissed as I've been planning on getting some parts for the for a suppressor build sometime soon

edit well fuck I was hoping they just had some solvent catches they had to stop selling not all of the components. I wonder how they can tell them to stop selling them if they are selling them with the intention for folks to make a homemade can and form 1 it?

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
13d2xp.jpg

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
So, you're ok with ATF going after a vendor that sells oil filters if a user gets caught using it as unlicensed suppressor?
Take a wild guess. It sounds to me like the reason the ATF shut them down is because they are manufacturing parts that people are regularly using to manufacture a silencer without paying the stamp. That's not the case with oil filters I guess that most people that buy an oil filter are using it on their fucking car.

Last edited:

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
Take a wild guess. It sounds to me like the reason the ATF shut them down is because they are manufacturing parts that people are regularly using to manufacture a silencer without paying the stamp. That's not the case with oil filters I guess that most people that buy an oil filter are using it on their fucking car.
Fuck the ATF. Unless the shop was directly involved in making and selling illegal silencers, then on what legal grounds does the ATF stand? Shouldn't they be going after individuals?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Fuck the ATF. Unless the shop was directly involved in making and selling illegal silencers, then on what legal grounds does the ATF stand? Shouldn't they be going after individuals?
. Did I say they shouldn't go after individuals?

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
. Did I say they shouldn't go after individuals?
Make yourself clear then, instead me asking you to further elaborate what exactly you mean.

I frankly think ATF is using mafia style intimidation and tactics to go after perfectly legal businesses breaking no laws, so fuck them.

I'm pretty clear.

Reactions: Jake

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Make yourself clear then, instead me asking you to further elaborate what exactly you mean.

I frankly think ATF is using mafia style intimidation and tactics to go after perfectly legal businesses breaking no laws, so fuck them.

I'm pretty clear.

I'll be honest, laws on suppressor parts are a blurry field and SD tactical has danced in that blurry area. As long as the current laws and regs are what they are this isn't all that damning of the ATF.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia

Let's be honest, that shop was directly involved in selling parts designed to make suppressors. The only question here isn't really intent but if each individual part is ruled to be 80%. How that's decided is bogus though, there's a need for more bright line rules for 80 percent stuff period

Reactions: DMR