Scouting for .22LR ammo...

Faktory 47

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I just ordered 2100 rounds of 22lr in an ammo can from Cabelas for $100. Shipping was $12. That's not as cheap as it used to be, but close.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Well I am retired from .22 shooting until further notice. I am so freakin tired of walking around stores looking for .22 long rifle I could scream. 4 stops today. Not one single round. None. Not one. Not even shorts. Not even ammo at ridiculous prices. Zero.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
JMO, but I think the ammo manufacturers are capable of making more .22 ammo but aren't for 2 reasons.

1. By trickling it out they are keeping the hoarders hoarding and an insuring an artificial panic. I hope the hoarders choke on it by the way.

2. They make a bigger margin on centerfire ammo so they are using more of their human resources to run the centerfire stuff.

The fact that CCI has continued to not be able to produce enough ammo or primers has definitely got me looking at other ammo and primers. My attitude is pretty freakin bad right now.

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
bigdogdaddy said:
Well I am retired from .22 shooting until further notice. I am so freakin tired of walking around stores looking for .22 long rifle I could scream. 4 stops today. Not one single round. None. Not one. Not even shorts. Not even ammo at ridiculous prices. Zero.

The time and energy wasted scouting out 22lr is the reason I am more than happy to order a bulk pack from Cabelas when I find it, even if I have to pay some shipping. I have a certain amount of 22lr that I am not shooting. I'm storing it in case I cant get anymore. But the rest is for shooting. My son shot a bulk pack of Remington the weekend before last. My daughter asked me to take her to the range this weekend. Between her and my son they will probably shoot another bulk pack or two.

D

Denny4kids

Cliff's gun and safe here in Boise had a tin with 325 rounds of Federal for $19.95 last weekend. I didn't buy any because I still have a bunch. Den

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
bigdogdaddy said:
lws380 said:
This stuff has been available from Zanders for a long time. I think they have over 17,000 boxes in stock. I get a better price as an FFL.

http://shop2.gzanders.com/ammunition/eley-edge-22lr-40gr-eps-style-black-bullet-50-pack.html

If I am reading that correctly, that is 32 cents per round for a standard velocity .22 long rifle. Is that right? If so, that may be why they still have some.

You are correct Kemosabe. But now you can't say that you can't find .22 ammo. :D