Scare Prices Vs Oversaturation

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
So it looks like we are going to have a scare (scarcity).

Question: with the AR market, as well as the "hi-cap" magazine market, saturated as it has been and prices as low as they have been, do you actually see scare prices going as high at post-Newtown or will there just be minor panic buying here and there?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't think current prices or saturation matters. Forever is forever, and with that type of legislation in the pipe people will lose their shit.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I don't think it will be as bad as it was post Newtown.

Most people now have what they want/need.

Only people I see rushing to buy more rifles are 1)flippers 2) people who just turned of age to get said weapons.

Just my opinion.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I dunno, hard one to call.

The last time this happened I don't think it was the gun guys per se who helped create the shortage. I mean, yeah, if you didn't have one and you thought you wouldn't be able to get another one EVER then you paid your money. But last time I think there were a lot of non-gun types, doctors, lawyers, whatever, who kinda thought the same thing. Dropping $1,500 on an AR was nothing to them and I think there were a lot of NEW gun owners after the last one.

From what I read there are folks who have built who-knows-how-many since prices have come down. I used to joke the price of ARs would go DOWN during the next panic because of all the ones coming off of the benches for sale.

We will see what happens but one things for sure, we, as a gun community, need to come together and write our senators and representatives (both state and federal) to let them know how we feel about slowly losing our rights in the interest of "safety".

The good news is ammo seems to still be available and some places still have lowers in stock. Maybe this is just a mini-panic. And right now I think it is the gun community that is fueling it. Once the legislation/election in November hits, it will probably be a full-blown storm.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
So it looks like we are going to have a scare (scarcity).

Question: with the AR market, as well as the "hi-cap" magazine market, saturated as it has been and prices as low as they have been, do you actually see scare prices going as high at post-Newtown or will there just be minor panic buying here and there?

Spikes Tactical has vowed to not raise their prices.

Reactions: jwtug and Cudruln

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Which means that they will be out of stock on pretty much everything...Didn't they jack their prices up post Newtown? Maybe they learned from their mistakes.

You are correct. They did back in 2012 like many other gun manufacturers did. However since Ben Thomas has started working for them, he has not only apologized for the rise in prices after Newtown, but has also promised that as long as he works there, they will not prey on the American people like some opportunists, even if it means they run low on inventory. They are working around the clock to procure, create and assemble AR's as fast as they possibly can.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It might not make any difference if the 2015 "assault weapons" ban makes it through.

I don't think I've ever been this concerned about a piece of radical legislation. Supposed pro-rights politicians have been rolling over lately, and this bill is oriented around surrender, registration, and confiscation.

They're going for the whole enchilada this time.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
It might not make any difference if the 2015 "assault weapons" ban makes it through.

I don't think I've ever been this concerned about a piece of radical legislation. Supposed pro-rights politicians have been rolling over lately, and this bill is oriented around surrender, registration, and confiscation.

They're going for the whole enchilada this time.

If they do, it will be the shot heard around the world as a revolution will ignite in this country.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If they do, it will be the shot heard around the world as a revolution will ignite in this country.
I wish I had that much faith in the people.

I can't even begin to describe how it would make me feel. I'm fucking chewing nails right now.

Reactions: sam and TruPrep

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
You are correct. They did back in 2012 like many other gun manufacturers did. However since Ben Thomas has started working for them, he has not only apologized for the rise in prices after Newtown, but has also promised that as long as he works there, they will not prey on the American people like some opportunists, even if it means they run low on inventory. They are working around the clock to procure, create and assemble AR's as fast as they possibly can.
That sounds great until forgings and carier/bolt steel stock dries up and they are left trying to make a living from buffers, grenade launchers, and odds and ends. It doesn't make business sense to not have a slight increase if you have the same or higher fixed costs but less product to ship.

Now, if this "panic" doesn't get out of control, I see no need for prices to increase.

Just my $.02

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I dunno, hard one to call.

The last time this happened I don't think it was the gun guys per se who helped create the shortage. I mean, yeah, if you didn't have one and you thought you wouldn't be able to get another one EVER then you paid your money. But last time I think there were a lot of non-gun types, doctors, lawyers, whatever, who kinda thought the same thing. Dropping $1,500 on an AR was nothing to them and I think there were a lot of NEW gun owners after the last one.

From what I read there are folks who have built who-knows-how-many since prices have come down. I used to joke the price of ARs would go DOWN during the next panic because of all the ones coming off of the benches for sale.

We will see what happens but one things for sure, we, as a gun community, need to come together and write our senators and representatives (both state and federal) to let them know how we feel about slowly losing our rights in the interest of "safety".

The good news is ammo seems to still be available and some places still have lowers in stock. Maybe this is just a mini-panic. And right now I think it is the gun community that is fueling it. Once the legislation/election in November hits, it will probably be a full-blown storm.
Disagree here. Wasn't wealthy folks that created surge in prices, it was many gun enthusiast, dealers, and manufacturers.

Nearly EVERYONE went all in and manufacturers were not prepared to meet demands of 3,4,5+ times the orders in a matter days/weeks.

I saw an FFL get a letter from a manufacturer saying it was basically vendors over ordering that caused their shortage. It was in bad taste IMHO, but helped shed light on some of the issues at the time.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
It's time for me to see the store, leaning strongly towards making a trip down in the morning to check the place out.

Reactions: Bypass and TruPrep