Faktory 47

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
If it was a pistol before a rule, yes. Take the buttock off and viola, it is a pistol and now longer NFA. You can also put an upper over or equal to 16" on it and it isn't NFA either.

When you want it to be NFA again, put it back in NFA config

If you are wanting to sell it as non NFA, just take it out of NFA configuration and sell it. Send a letter to the ATF asking for it to be removed from the registry. Bingo, bango, done.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
So if I was traveling across state lines I could leave to stock at home and be good to go?

Yes. If it started as a pistol before you SBR'd it, then when you remove the stock it is no longer designed to be fired from the shoulder, no long a rifle, and therefore no longer NFA.

Probably a good idea to wrap the buffer tube in tape or paracord just to cover your ass.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Oh one more question... If I were to move to a non sbr friendly state (Alabama for example) would you follow the same rules or is there a way to permanently "un sbr" it.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I guess I could remove it from the registry. Would that be necessary?

I would just submit a form 5320.20 and tell them you are moving across state lines.

Double check that form number, my brain isn't working tonight, and I don't think that is the right form, but you get the idea.