S&W 2214

Faktory 47

Indigowolf

John
Jun 8, 2012
New Hampshire
Zip code
Getting back in the club.... I put a 2214 on a 60 day plan. I've wanted one since they came out and finally acquired one. Did a size comparison while there to a Keltec 3pat that was in the case, the 2214 should fit the same holsters as my LCP.
The bore was bright and shinny. The mags (2) and grip screws showed a little light rust patina and crud build up. Internally it needed a decent scrubbing but there was no rust down inside. It looked like a glove box queen. The gun had only come into the LGS two days ago so they were not willing to budge on the price at $365. I felt it was a bit high but I really didn't want to chance leaving it in the case for another 90 days waiting for the price to drop. Oh well, these don't come around as often as they used to and I've had some money burning a hole in my wallet so actually it is almost paid up. 8) I had a 2206TGT 6" quite a while ago that was one of the sweetest shooters I've ever had. If this 2214 handles as good as reviews indicate this will be a keeper.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Interesting little pocket rocket. You get a range trip in and let us know how she works out.

Indigowolf

John
Jun 8, 2012
New Hampshire
Zip code
On my second range trip with the 2214 I was able to take a little more time to see how accurately I could place 8 shots (1 full mag). At first I thought that the reason for all the rounds landing to the left of center was me until I switched to shooting off bags, nope it did it there too. I'll be picking up a brass punch to drift the sights. Here is a sample..

20160603_122828_zpsx0lfatqb.jpg

Off hand 10 yards Federal Automatch
Top left I tried to correct to center, group 1
Top right no correction added, group 2
Bottom left no correction took my time, group 3 best group of the day
Bottom right no correction but hurried the shots, group 4

After I had my fill shooting holes in paper I started shooting at the broken pieces of clay pigeons and shotgun shells on the berm back at 25 yards, and connecting on occasion...!! Most importantly I had a ball. It was a great day. It's not a target gun but it was fun seeing what can be done. Eventually I'm sure things will jell and I will wring more constancy out of my shooting abilities. Practice helps.

20160512_211657_zpsso6vgaem.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: