Running shoes

American Revival Apparel Company

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
My wife went to one of the running shoe places where they measure your foot and how you run. She says it was night and day better running in those shoes vs off the shelf stuff.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Go get fitted at a running store. If you are just noticing that they are pretty much shot, they've probably been actually hurting you for the last 6 months. Switch them out every 300 miles.

Reactions: ZJones

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Go get fitted at a running store. If you are just noticing that they are pretty much shot, they've probably been actually hurting you for the last 6 months. Switch them out every 300 miles.
It's tough for me to gauge mileage, I use them for my sled push pulls, off country running, and cross fit style workouts. I noticed they were run down because at 700lbs I couldn't keep traction with the floor while pushing the sled.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It's tough for me to gauge mileage, I use them for my sled push pulls, off country running, and cross fit style workouts. I noticed they were run down because at 700lbs I couldn't keep traction with the floor while pushing the sled.
Switch them every 3 months then.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I would go to a store to get fitted. A shoe, or brand of shoe, that's great for one person might be horrible for another. Most of the shoes at those stores are way overpriced though. Last time I went to one I bought a pair of shoes I really liked for $115 but I returned them when I found the exact same ones online for $50

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
I would go to a store to get fitted. A shoe, or brand of shoe, that's great for one person might be horrible for another. Most of the shoes at those stores are way overpriced though. Last time I went to one I bought a pair of shoes I really liked for $115 but I returned them when I found the exact same ones online for $50
Boy ain't that the truth!!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
You might find the same ones online cheaper, but the service at a good running store far outweighs the few $ you can save.

I've purchased shoes from the Big Peach Running Company and returned them after 3 weeks. I tried to make them work, and when I went in to the store to buy socks the manager asked me about them. I told them I just wasn't really enjoying them, but I would run in them a couple more months and try something new. He asked what I wanted to try next and he went to the back and got me a pair in my size. He sent them home with me and told me to bring the old ones back when I got the chance. Then he had one of his good form running guys watch my stride and make some additional recommendations. That's good service, and you don't get that online. I'll happily pay more to know that I'll never get stuck with a shoe I don't like..no matter what, and always have a large community of great runners to consult about shoe or running issues. Plus the $$ stay in my community. Win/Win

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
You might find the same ones online cheaper, but the service at a good running store far outweighs the few $ you can save.

I've purchased shoes from the Big Peach Running Company and returned them after 3 weeks. I tried to make them work, and when I went in to the store to buy socks the manager asked me about them. I told them I just wasn't really enjoying them, but I would run in them a couple more months and try something new. He asked what I wanted to try next and he went to the back and got me a pair in my size. He sent them home with me and told me to bring the old ones back when I got the chance. Then he had one of his good form running guys watch my stride and make some additional recommendations. That's good service, and you don't get that online. I'll happily pay more to know that I'll never get stuck with a shoe I don't like..no matter what, and always have a large community of great runners to consult about shoe or running issues. Plus the $$ stay in my community. Win/Win
I agree with you for the most part but not if it is over 100 percent more expensive. Usually I expect to pay 10-25 percent more at those stores which is worth it for the service they provide

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Go out and find the most expensive pair made. Then see how much your running improves!