Rugged Surge 762!

GA Firing Line

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Got my hands on one of these beauties today. All I can say is WOW! It's possibly one of the best, most well thought out suppressors on the market. And I really like the mount design. This thing might just tempt me into a can that I really don't need!

Reactions: DoglegArms

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Got my hands on one of these beauties today. All I can say is WOW! It's possibly one of the best, most well thought out suppressors on the market. And I really like the mount design. This thing might just tempt me into a can that I really don't need!
It's a great looking can.

How was the modular feature?

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
It's a great looking can.

How was the modular feature?
It was nice and snug. There's an angled shoulder along the outer tube that basically works like a compression mount. Threads were nice and clean, so it spins on smoothly and just snugs up on the shoulder. They also offer a 5.56 end cap, if you're into that kind of thing. The most impressive part was the mount. VERY solid. It basically interfaces with two separate shoulders, pulling the can solidly onto the mount, with compression from the front and rear of the mount. After you thread it down onto the front shoulder, it has a elliptical ring that works sort of like the ASR, but better. When you tighten the locking ring, it squeezes a second shoulder on the rear of the mount when it locks down. It and the Deadair mounts are by far the best on the market right now.