Ruger SR1911 Commander

American Revival Apparel Company

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
On the 1911 forum there is a guy from Alaska that had said he had a line on 2 Commander sized Ruger 1911's. Today he added pictures. I figured some on here would want to know. :eek:

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Funny you would say that. Somebody on the 1911 forum said something like, "If you get pictures of this it would be like having pictures of Bigfoot." Then today he posted the pics of one of the Commanders today. Still waiting on the Bigfoot pics, but Commander pics are there.

M

mukwah

Man! Can't wait to get home from work and pull up the full web site!!!!!

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
RICHGCOOP said:
I will take eather one. But this new one really looks good.

RICHGCOOP

Ya know - I see what you mean. It looks great and I think I need one too. I'm sure the wife won't mind. Hey, my other 1911 is almost a week old. Time for a new one.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I don't get the new LC380. Same size as the LC9, same capacity, but smaller ballistics and more expensive ammo. Seems to me if you wanted it, why not get the LC9. Appear to be priced the same too, at least for suggested retail price.

Either way, it looks like there are some new dummy guns in my future!!!!

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
lws380 said:
I don't get the new LC380. Same size as the LC9, same capacity, but smaller ballistics and more expensive ammo. Seems to me if you wanted it, why not get the LC9. Appear to be priced the same too, at least for suggested retail price.

You get your lady a 380 incase you're the one she shoots. :eek:

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Verticoli said:
lws380 said:

You get your lady a 380 incase you're the one she shoots. :eek:

I'd rather go out with a larger caliber and that may help get the job done better. I hate it when someone does things half-_ _ _! :D :D

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
lws380 said:

I thought the same thing.

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
So, here is my dilemma. I want either SR1911. I would more likely carry the Commander than the full sized one. Ruger has also released a .45 in the SR9/40 configuration. I expect a compact model to follow.

Now, I love my SR9c. I would also love an SR45c. Probably fit all my holsters too.

If I should ever get involved in a self defense shooting, the odds are high that I won't be seeing that gun again. Which would I rather carry? The SR1911CDR. Which would I rather lose? The SR45c.

Can't Afford either now, but I'm leaning toward the SR45c when the time comes.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
In Texas you might get the gun back with a medal. :D

That being said, the odds are you will never need it. The biggest benefit I've received from a concealed carry license is situational awareness. That helps even more to lessen the likelihood of using a gun. If a gun was used to save my life or that of my family, getting it back would be the least of my concerns. I'd gladly give up a gun in exchange for my life or the life of a family member.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Looks like the Commander size only gives you a savings in length of about 3/4 of an inch in length. For IWB carry, 3/4 of an inch is not a big deal for concealment. It is the grip length and thickness that are more important IMO. So the Commander does not really help conceal any better IMO.

Since I have a 5 inch Springer 1911, the Commander does not appeal to me either. And of course if I really need to conceal a .45, I have the XDS for that!