Ruger New Bearcat 22LR- The Shopkeeper

American Revival Apparel Company

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
img946NoSN.jpg~original

I stopped by Sportsman’s Warehouse this afternoon and picked up a Ruger New Bearcat Shop keeper. The Birds head grip feles great and the action is smooth. The engraved cylinder lends a nice look.

img945.jpg~original

Ruger’s design was influenced by some Remington Single Action Revolvers from the Civil War Era. This one is touted as the “Shopkeeper’s Model”. Back in the day they sold to businessmen but were also popular among bar owners, gamblers, dancehall girls or everyday folks looking for an easily concealed weapon.

img948.jpg~original

Here’s the Bearcat along with the Ruger SP101 that I bought before Christmas. I’ve definitely got to get a range trip in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ox7FV52Iqo

Here's a great review and range report.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
M1877Colt-RugerBearcat.jpg~original

Thanks for the responses. Here’s another Bird’s Head Revolver from the collection. A Double Action, Colt M1877 Colt Thunderer.

It’s a non-shooter. Too old and fires 41 Caliber Black Powder ammunition. Colt beat S&W by 6 months in producing a Double-Action Revolver.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
PawlPlunger-Spring-Screw.jpg~original

A Heads Up for Bearcat Owners. I started cleaning the Ruger Bearcat last night and noticed that the Pawl Spring Retaining screw was missing. Fortunately it was on the couch and the Pawl Plunger with the Pawl Plunger Spring was in the revolver.

I used a 1/16th Inch Allen wrench to put the parts back in. I dry fired the revolver a 100 times and checked the screw, it was still tight. The screw according to my caliper is 1/8 of an inch in diameter and one of those itty bitty things to keep an eye on for now.

I’m planning a range trip next week.