Ruger LCP issue

American Revival Apparel Company
May 2, 2015
Tampa
Question. I have a LCP and am having feeding issues. It will not feed ACP ammo. (The slide will not close all the way.) I have tried multiple brands to ensure it wasn't a bad box. Auto ammo feeds and cycles normally. I have been reading and keep hearing that they are the same but why will it not feed any ACP ammo? Is this normal or should I call Ruger? Any advice or help is appreciated!

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
RealTreeR3dneck said:
Question. I have a LCP and am having feeding issues. It will not feed ACP ammo. (The slide will not close all the way.) I have tried multiple brands to ensure it wasn't a bad box. Auto ammo feeds and cycles normally. I have been reading and keep hearing that they are the same but why will it not feed any ACP ammo? Is this normal or should I call Ruger? Any advice or help is appreciated!
What, precisely, do you mean by the terms "ACP ammo" and "auto ammo"?

The Ruger LCP is chambered for .380 ACP ammunition. .380 ACP (the ACP stands for Automatic Colt Pistol) ammo uses a small cartridge that is almost straight-walled and has a rim that's the same diameter as the base of the cartridge.

If you're using some other cartridge in the LCP, then it's expected that does not fit the chamber properly.

EasyCZ

Scout
Sep 8, 2015
Oklahoma
Like SkipD stated, all .380 ACP ammo, whether it's FMJ, HP, etc., is ACP ammo.

If you have more than one mag, see if the FTF issue is limited to one mag.

Are you holding the weapon firmly? Limp-wristing can cause feed issues.

Give Ruger a call. They have great CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nano65

Hunter
Dec 16, 2014
DFW area
I never had a single problem with these rounds in my LCP.

Ruger LCP 380 SN/371027xxx

200 Federal American Eagle 95 gr FMJ flat nose

7 Gold Dot 90 gr GDHP

14 Hornady Critical Defense

50 HPR 100 gr FMJ

199 Monarch 94 gr FMJ

200 Winchester Train & Defend 95 gr FMJ

18 Hornady American Gunner 90gr XTP

Kennydale

Hunter
Oct 22, 2013
Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
I hate shooting my LCP it hurts my hand. I take it to the range every few months and shoot one magazine (just to check it out). My Lcp has never ever failed . I'd call Ruger, their CS is really fantastic.

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
I don't carry an LCP any longer. I've had both the original and the improved version. I haven't experienced any failures beyond the original version's tendency to walk out the slide release pin, which I fixed by asking Ruger for replacements. My problem is that I can't shoot it accurately enough to be effective in a SD scenario. My requirement is that I be able to hit the target and nothing else. Last thing anyone wants to do is injure an innocent person because of not being able to shoot accurately under pressure.

legelegel

Justice, Ћ Guardian of Liberty
Dec 14, 2014
Oklahoma City
I purchased a Remington RM380 for my wife recently, because of the ease of the slide movement and the improved design.

I am thinking that I may buy another for my carry.

Last edited by a moderator: