Ruger LCP 380

Howard Law

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
RugerLCPrt.jpg~original

I was out of town today, helping a friend bring his pontoon boat back to his house from the west side of the lake. We stopped in a local indoor range and they had a used Ruger LCP 380 for sale.

RugerLCPLftNoSN.jpg~original

This one came with the box, lock and rug. They were asking $225. for it. I checked it out real close and the thing look spanking new. With a Serial Number of 378-79XXX. The empty casing envelope said it was proofed on 9-25-12. It was still packing the faded yellow dot. So I offered the guy $200., it seems that the previous owner had put 50 rounds through it, cleaned it up, put it away and later then decided to sell it.

After a bit of negotiation, I got it for $215.00. The local shops carry them for $260.00, so it wasn’t a bad deal. I bought one of these In December 2009 and paid $299.99 for it before taxes. I have been carrying it around as a BUG or solo at times. It’s made several range trips over the years and is reliable.

LCP380s.jpg~original

Here’s the pair. I really don’t notice any difference in the appearance of the two, other than one being old and having been banged around somewhat. I’ll probably get a Pachmayr grip sleeve for the new one. It’ll be nice to have a spare around in case my other one is unavailable for carry.

The price was just too good to pass up on. She will be carried with either Hornady Critical Defense or Speer Gold Dot Personal Protection ammunition. She’ll get a range trip in the near future to see how she handles.