Ruger GP100 meets the Ruger Revolver Gals

Faktory 47

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
7-30-13RugerGP1006NoSN.jpg

I’ve been keeping my eye out for one of these for quite awhile. Yesterday one of my local shops got a single Ruger GP100, stainless steel, with a 3 inch barrel. I got her for $575.00 before taxes plus a box of 38 Specials thrown in for free.

7-30-13RugerGP1008.jpg

She’s tight, with a smooth action. The trigger pull is steady, with no visible marks on the hammer. I’ll start her out on 38 Specials until she get’s broken in.

7-30-13RugersNoSN5.jpg

Here’s my Ruger Revolver Gals. A Ruger New Single Six, .22LR &,22 Mag, with 2 cylinders. A Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .44 Mag. The GP100 and a Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum. The GP100 fits right in.

M

mukwah

Great find Slowhand, and good price! I looked for almost a year before I found mine. Prolly one of the best revolvers on the market today IMHO!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

R

rayzer007

These guns define "sturdiness"; "heavy duty" comes to mind also.

Ray

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
If you left click the photos with a mouse they enlarge and the details just jump right out. I had to send the 44 Mag back to the factory for a hammer and trigger tune up. The hammer was getting arch marks and had uneven trigger pulls. I wrote them a letter explaining the problems and mentioned I owned a stack of their firearms and enclosed it in the shipping box.

A fellow named Michael was going the repair and he called me and let me know what was happening. He did a great tune job on it and there have been no problems since. I bought the Sp101 later and it was flawless. I did lose a spring loaded pawl pin that zipped off to nowhere. I gave Ruger a call and they said it was a common problem and a replacement and spare.

I'm looking forward to a range trip with the GP100 to see how she does. It's built solid and feels great, so we shall see how things go. I've had nothing but great experiences with Ruger Customer Service so far and that is reassuring.