Ruger Charger with pistol brace

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Honestly, the braces scare me. I probably do 90% of my shooting at public facilities. The possibility of a brace inadvertently touching my shoulder, and an leo witnessing it is enough to make me pass. That's the whole reason I sbr'd my scorpion. I get the appeal, but skirting so close to a felony each time I pick up the pistol just creates too much risk.

Just sbr it.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have zero interest in those braces since the ATF retracted their ruling that it was OK to shoulder it. I took the SB-47 that I had on my M92 off and gave it to a buddy of mine.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Honestly, the braces scare me. I probably do 90% of my shooting at public facilities. The possibility of a brace inadvertently touching my shoulder, and an leo witnessing it is enough to make me pass. That's the whole reason I sbr'd my scorpion. I get the appeal, but skirting so close to a felony each time I pick up the pistol just creates too much risk.

Just sbr it.

We agree on something. Holy shit. This is like twice in less than a month. :p

Reactions: Laufen

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

Just sbr it.

It would be shot in private on the farm 99% of the time. I agree with you and wouldn't do it with any other gun. Just thinking that I don't want to spend the $200 for a 10/22 SBR.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It would be shot in private on the farm 99% of the time. I agree with you and wouldn't do it with any other gun. Just thinking that I don't want to spend the $200 for a 10/22 SBR.
You should. It'll probably end up being the gun you shoot the most.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
You should. It'll probably end up being the gun you shoot the most.

And if that ended up being the case I would potentially do it. It's main job would be something small and quiet (whenever I get a can) to keep with me on the farm when I'm with my son so I don't have to be as concerned with his hearing if I need to put down a snake.

I know I could do the same with a .22 pistol or rifle. This is just a thought for a little project.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
And if that ended up being the case I would potentially do it. It's main job would be something small and quiet (whenever I get a can) to keep with me on the farm when I'm with my son so I don't have to be as concerned with his hearing if I need to put down a snake.

I know I could do the same with a .22 pistol or rifle. This is just a thought for a little project.

Sounds like a Charger with a 4.5" barrel chop, threaded, and side folder are just what the doctor ordered. ;)

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Leave the snakes alone dammit!
They have a fuck ton of rattle snakes down there. Those are the only ones I'm concerned with. I hate snakes with a passion but I don't like killing things for no reason. Rattle snakes on the other hand are a pretty big problem on the farm and they have killed several of their dogs down there.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
They have a fuck ton of rattle snakes down there. Those are the only ones I'm concerned with. I hate snakes with a passion but I don't like killing things for no reason. Rattle snakes on the other hand are a pretty big problem on the farm and they have killed several of their dogs down there.
Don't come crying to me when you come down with the Bubonic Plague! lol

Reactions: AtlMedic

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code

Just sbr it.
Fuck those LEOs that would do just that. You can't even prove it. 99% when you put it on your cheeck it will look like you're shouldering it anyways because of the stance. Unless they had you up close on camera.

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
You know they're out there.
With a simple ruling, without a single law being passed, the ATF basically classified law abiding citizens as felons not on the basis of the firearm, but whether or not it's being pressed against a shoulder or not.

Fuck all those guys.

Reactions: Rwjeter

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
With a simple ruling, without a single law being passed, the ATF basically classified law abiding citizens as felons not on the basis of the firearm, but whether or not it's being pressed against a shoulder or not.

Fuck all those guys.
Well, to be fair the whole pistol brace thug was already skirting an established law. The fact they allowed them was more surprising to me then them changing their view on shouldering it.