Rockwell Tactical Group

Howard Law

literacola06

Hunter
Jul 5, 2016
Illinois
Zip code
I've never trained with Rockwell per se, but I'll be taking my 4th class with Garry Marr in May, who is an instructor there. If the other guys are half the instructor that Garry is, you'll be in great hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I've never trained with Rockwell per se, but I'll be taking my 4th class with Garry Marr in May, who is an instructor there. If the other guys are half the instructor that Garry is, you'll be in great hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. I'm looking forward to it.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Day 1 complete of 301.

Day 1 is the most basic of basic class. Designed for someone who has bought a rifle and done nothing more than take it out of the box.

Covered basic safety, sight picture, zeroing and then in the afternoon we did a variety of drills.

Lessons learned for myself:
Run my gun wet. For this class I'm running a 12.5 Noveske SBR with DeadAir Sandman S. After about 250-300 rounds it gets dirty and doesn't like to be dry. It wouldn't go in to battery from bolt lock. Put some lube on it and it was running just fine.

Lessons learned by others: bring back up guns, loctite optics, bring spare batteries for optics, have back up sights (iron sights)

Day 2 is tomorrow with 2 inches of rain expected in 50ish degree temps. Should be a good test of equipment.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Day 1 complete of 301.

Day 1 is the most basic of basic class. Designed for someone who has bought a rifle and done nothing more than take it out of the box.

Covered basic safety, sight picture, zeroing and then in the afternoon we did a variety of drills.

Lessons learned for myself:
Run my gun wet. For this class I'm running a 12.5 Noveske SBR with DeadAir Sandman S. After about 250-300 rounds it gets dirty and doesn't like to be dry. It wouldn't go in to battery from bolt lock. Put some lube on it and it was running just fine.

Lessons learned by others: bring back up guns, loctite optics, bring spare batteries for optics, have back up sights (iron sights)

Day 2 is tomorrow with 2 inches of rain expected in 50ish degree temps. Should be a good test of equipment.

Looking forward to the report- I recently had my own favorite carbine fail to go into battery at a bowling pin shoot. Of course, I hadn't cleaned it (on purpose) for at least 400 rounds. Found the failure point- it wouldn't strip a round off the mag and go into battery.

Reactions: Righter13

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Looking forward to the report- I recently had my own favorite carbine fail to go into battery at a bowling pin shoot. Of course, I hadn't cleaned it (on purpose) for at least 400 rounds. Found the failure point- it wouldn't strip a round off the mag and go into battery.
That was my syptom too. A few pumps of the FA and all was good.

Reactions: dial1911

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Day 2:

Similar to day 1 but at a faster pace. Weather got to 55 at a high I think. Definitely got the better part of 2 inches of rain. Not once did it stop. It lightened up a bit but never stopped.

No high speed shooting from barrier type stuff. Just good basic fundamentals type stuff.

Lessons learned:

Ensure your rain jacket has a hood. I grabbed the wrong jacket when packing.

A can of compressed air might not be a bad idea for blowing clean the lense on optics once mud gets on it.

Once again, lube that BCG generously. Especially if running suppressed.