Rifle sling recommendations

GA Firing Line

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
Need a sling for my Savage Scout. Any suggestions?

ed482451251fb4f7baf724f91a4a7f15.jpg

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Blue force gear or GTFO

This.

I've used many slings over the years but I now own three Vickers / BFH slings. They are bombproof and just work. I have one in every configuration I need - QD, Magpul Clips, and HK clips. I hate changing out the sling hardware for different attachment types though it is very simple.

I mainly use the standard 2-point BFG slings but I also have a PIG single-point when I will be getting into and out of a vehicle repeatedly - probably one area where the standard Blue Force sling is not the best option.

The VTac sling that I own ranks second to the BFG but the extra material (the "dangle") always gets in the way. I'm sure there is an inappropriate joke somewhere in that last statement. My VTac sling is padded whereas I only own the non-padded BFG's so that is a plus unless you're comparing like models.

Also, BFG makes a burnsed single point adapter for QD ends that I don't own.

In summary, your best bet is probably a padded BFG (QD hardware) with a burnsed attachment if you have to pick just one sling.

Reactions: DoglegArms

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
For a short, lightweight bolt gun, I'm a fan of the USGI web sling with the quick adjust buckle. I have a 16" Steyr SSG69 that I run one on, but I mod'ed the stock for left-side sling mount. Only drawback to that is that if I switch shoulders I can't utilize the hasty sling.

Reactions: freedom