Revolver finish

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
finishing still planning on getting a revolver in a few months for hunting back up and killing snakes.

I am planning on a stainless one so rust isn't as much if a concern. What is the best way to dull the finish someon a stainless revolver?

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Bead blast it. Depending upon the media used, it will turn it dull gray.
Agree with this, but more specifically, glass bead. I wouldn't use anything but glass media if the blast is going to be the finish.

Anything you see that is a satin finish on stainless steel is usually a glass bead blasted finish. Anything like aluminum oxide, coal slag, etc. is going to leave a finish that will pick up and hold fingerprints and shit like nobody's business.

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Agree with this, but more specifically, glass bead. I wouldn't use anything but glass media if the blast is going to be the finish.

Anything you see that is a satin finish on stainless steel is usually a glass bead blasted finish. Anything like aluminum oxide, coal slag, etc. is going to leave a finish that will pick up and hold fingerprints and shit like nobody's business.
The satin look is what I think I want. I want it to still look good but not so shiny that it gives me away when I'm hunting.