Recommend a solar charger

GA Firing Line

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I agree with Goalzero, however, a battery may serve you better unless you are set on a solar charger. We've been through several options at the job for various applications and unless you have the most optimal conditions, batteries are better. Just my 0.02

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I agree with Goalzero, however, a battery may serve you better unless you are set on a solar charger. We've been through several options at the job for various applications and unless you have the most optimal conditions, batteries are better. Just my 0.02
Yeah, Woot typically has some good deals on rechargeable power banks that are good for several phone charges. If you aren't going for a week long hike, solar probably isn't necessary.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Yeah, Woot typically has some good deals on rechargeable power banks that are good for several phone charges. If you aren't going for a week long hike, solar probably isn't necessary.
Don't get me wrong, solar has it's uses (especially if it were a SHTF scenario), but it often takes a day and a half to charge a large bank under good conditions.

Was just throwing that out there in case he wanted to take the money he would spend on the solar cells & put that into a larger bank.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Don't get me wrong, solar has it's uses (especially if it were a SHTF scenario), but it often takes a day and a half to charge a large bank under good conditions.

Was just throwing that out there in case he wanted to take the money he would spend on the solar cells & put that into a larger bank.
Oh yeah, that's a great suggestion. For a weekend trip, you can't beat a battery bank.