RCBS Bench priming tool

American Revival Apparel Company

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
IMG_20151220_191324.jpg

I'm new to reloading, but always looking for something to make it a little easier or faster. I picked up the RCBS bench priming tool from PSA on black Friday to help with that.

I have issues with carpal tunnel, and don't like the hand priming tools that I've tried. I also am not a fan of the primer incorporated into the rockchucker press I use. I primed about 150 rounds a bit ago, and I think this tool is a keeper. It takes a bit longer to prep the primers into place compared to the tube fed press primer, but after that it goes much faster. The yellow strips in the picture hold 50 primers each, can be connected at the ends, and automatically index after each pull off the handle. 6 out of the 150 I primed inserted sideways, but that's a better percentage than I've had using the press' priming tool.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Sucks you have carpal tunnel, the hand primer shaker and Lee hand primer work great for me and can be done just chilling on the couch. Looks like a neat setup though!

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Sucks you have carpal tunnel, the hand primer shaker and Lee hand primer work great for me and can be done just chilling on the couch. Looks like a neat setup though!

I picked it up for just over $50, not much more than what the RCBS hand primer goes for.

If I didn't work with my hands at work, I would use one. I don't get treated for it, but I try to go easy on them so I can save them for the stuff I get paid for.

Reactions: Wallace

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Nice priming tool- I've got the old, old version that I used for a long time. I'll have to take a picture of it tonight (if I remember). I think it's got $12.00 written on it in pencil- looks like it was from a yard sale or possibly an antique store.

I like the bench tool way better than my hand primer. Of course, since I started using the progressive press, I don't use either of them anymore.

Reactions: freedom

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Nice priming tool- I've got the old, old version that I used for a long time. I'll have to take a picture of it tonight (if I remember). I think it's got $12.00 written on it in pencil- looks like it was from a yard sale or possibly an antique store.

I like the bench tool way better than my hand primer. Of course, since I started using the progressive press, I don't use either of them anymore.

Anything you can do to keep the primers from turning? I can catch them on the press priming tool if I go slow enough, but I until I feel it crunch I don't know with this one.