Econ RBS Warns of Cataclysmic 2016

Howard Law

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Sometimes I think reporters just need something to report on... Remember the past summer when China was "set to overtake the US as the world's greatest economy" or something like that... didn't work out so well in the short term.

I'm no economist- I have no idea how any of this will play out. But if everyone followed that first headline's advice to "sell everything" it would certainly make the markets turn upside down.

Reactions: Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
here is the fun part

these groups are the one of the exact reason we are in such a shit financial state. so......should we listen to them now?

lol, 2016 was set to be a bear market. sell everything so capital heavy folks can buy a bit later (there is an expected rebound, but who knows)

short of it is unless you are already capital heavy and diversified you are going to get reamed. for small time investors the markets have been nothing but suicidal in the past decade

Reactions: Shemp

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Sometimes I think reporters just need something to report on... Remember the past summer when China was "set to overtake the US as the world's greatest economy" or something like that... didn't work out so well in the short term.

I'm no economist- I have no idea how any of this will play out. But if everyone followed that first headline's advice to "sell everything" it would certainly make the markets turn upside down.
they did overtake us in terms of PPP (purchase power parity). but that means nothing outside the realm of upper economics and policy (aka shit). kinda like the gdp, the macro economic postulating is fucking garbage generally speaking

want advice? take it from an economist such as myself. if an economist has a good policy proposal: do the opposite

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
here is the fun part

these groups are the one of the exact reason we are in such a shit financial state. so......should we listen to them now?

lol, 2016 was set to be a bear market. sell everything so capital heavy folks can buy a bit later (there is an expected rebound, but who knows)

short of it is unless you are already capital heavy and diversified you are going to get reamed. for small time investors the markets have been nothing but suicidal in the past decade

yeah...but you want to be a good citizen, don't you?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
they did overtake us in terms of PPP (purchase power parity). but that means nothing outside the realm of upper economics and policy (aka shit). kinda like the gdp, the macro economic postulating is fucking garbage generally speaking

want advice? take it from an economist such as myself. if an economist has a good policy proposal: do the opposite

So I shouldn't take your advice and listen to GDP stats and sell everything? I'm confused

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Maybe these guys are right. I should sell everything I own, cash out my retirement accounts and move to Venezuela to live like a king since money can buy you whatever you want (even toilet paper).

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Is anyone doing any buying? A financial writer friend of mine just sent me an email and said he's gently dipped into UCO and UPRO. I've done a little buying in the last 5 days, but I'm waiting for a little while before adding more.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Is anyone doing any buying? A financial writer friend of mine just sent me an email and said he's gently dipped into UCO and UPRO. I've done a little buying in the last 5 days, but I'm waiting for a little while before adding more.
I'm waiting till mid-late March. I'm beginning to believe this is going to be one "hot" summer. Especially for oil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Reactions: Thenut and Laufen

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Has anybody considered starting an "investment club"?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm waiting till mid-late March. I'm beginning to believe this is going to be one "hot" summer. Especially for oil.

I hope so. I'd love to take a year off.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

I hope so. I'd love to take a year off.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

It's closer than that to taking off. Have liquid cash in your trading account and an itchy trigger finger.

Reactions: Strider12