Range trip - Ruger LC9- Beretta Px4 Storm & Colt Walther Govt 1911 22LR

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Ruger-Beretta-Colt191122.jpg

It’s raining cats and dogs today in South Carolina. So no long walks or fishing trips at the lake. So I packed up the Ruger LC9 and a Beretta PX4 Storm. I wanted to see how the Ruger faired in comparison to the Beretta. I also packed up a Colt Walther Government 1911 22 LR.

I put 50 rounds through the Beretta and it’s a great shooting pistol. I ran 50 more through the Ruger LC9. The Beretta handles better overall and recoil is better managed than the LC9.

Thank You, Capt Obvious, which is why I recommend the LC380 over the LC9 for Ladies or folks looking for a more manageable firearm. I’m going to have to get a holster for the Beretta since I plan on carrying it or the Ruger LC9 this fall and winter. For ease of concealment the LC9 beats the Beretta, something to be considered during warmer weather.

I put 60 rounds of 22LR down range with the Colt Walther and it’s a rather accurate weapon that could become a real habit forming range gun. It’s made solid, handles great and is a piece of work.

No pictures today, I left the camera battery in the charger, since tomorrow at 1230, with a bit of luck I’m going to be sitting in the stadium watching the University of South Carolina play Mississippi. The weather is supposed to be great and it should be a good game.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Nice report. I really liked the Colt 22 1911.
I have looked at them before and they're a real fine Pistol.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
11-02-13USCFootball20.jpg

The Colt Walther Government 1911 22 LR is a great shooter. I went to the USC Football Game Yesterday and watched them beat Mississippi State 34-16. Great game, with great weather.

Meanwhile the Widow took my Ruger LC380 to her CWP Class yesterday and nailed 48 out of 50 on the range test and passed the written with a 90%. So it was a good day.

The night before I was helping her clean the LC380 when the rear sight fell off. It was simple enough to put back on since the plunger pin and assembly hadn't got lost. I eyeballed an adjustment to set it and it worked out. Now all she has to do is wait for sled to process her application.