Range rounds (.40)

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I've been using the Remington 180 grain umc flatnose cartridge for range work. I find that it is very consistent, and reliable round for that work. Bottom line...zero problems. Every other trip I put my daily carry rounds (Hornady FTX CD) through, just to be sure. I shoot six rounds through to make sure they cycle OK..Yes they do!. I can not remember any failures with this pistol. Think I'm up to about 500 rounds at this point. 8)

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I had one of the very first SR 9s, the only SR I've ever shot. Terrible trigger. I heard the Cs have much nicer actions. Here's a pic in a Sky Ops holster.

rugerk.jpg

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Verticoli..One of my favorite things about the SR40C IS the trigger!. I've heard that they have worked on the triggers with all the SR models, and have found that mine smoothed right out after about 200 rounds.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I know! Made me jealouse, so it had to go. It was nice, good ergos and ran fine, never failed. I looked into trigger mods and learned about liabilities and stuff and decided to go with Glock in 40 cal for SD.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I do not know about the original triggers on any of the SR9's, but the trigger on my SR9C is with a doubt one of the finest triggers I have ever shot. My only complaint with the SR9C, is the fact that it is almost boring to shoot. Just too easy to group with, hardly any recoil and perfect weight and balance. One reason I shoot so many 22.cals. They are cheaper to shoot.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
davevabch said:
I do not know about the original triggers on any of the SR9's, but the trigger on my SR9C is with a doubt one of the finest triggers I have ever shot. My only complaint with the SR9C, is the fact that it is almost boring to shoot. Just too easy to group with, hardly any recoil and perfect weight and balance. One reason I shoot so many 22.cals. They are cheaper to shoot.
Kinda the way that I feel Davevabch. I don't really feel like I have to shoot this SR a lot to stay proficent. I just flat out LIKE to shoot it!!

M

mukwah

Man! That is a pile of Glocks! I run Hornady CD for everyday carry. For range ammo I've tryed everything that's on sale in my P94 without a hiccup. She eats anything and everything! Built like a tank and heavy as one to! Gonna get a lightweight compact 40 someday.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Verticoli..I'm thinking of going to my SR40C for daily carry a little more often...along with my LCP. I'm finally loosing a little weight, and I think that the 25 pound drop in weight will make the .40 fit IWB a little better now. Yahoo!

R

rayzer007

framedcraig1 said:
Verticoli..I'm thinking of going to my SR40C for daily carry a little more often...along with my LCP. I'm finally loosing a little weight, and I think that the 25 pound drop in weight will make the .40 fit IWB a little better now. Yahoo!
Being able to carry the .40 daily is worth all the effort to lose the weight Craig! Good job! ;)
Ray