Range A, B and C

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Finally broke down and took some of my reloads down to the range yesterday with my LC9 and some .22 cal for my SR22. Boy it felt great to shoot again. What a wonderful way to relieve tension.
My local Indoor range as three ranges, a,b and c. Range A had NO shooters, Range B had 1, ME, and range C None.

Finally a young Newbie came in. He had purchased a thousand rds of 9mm for $500.00 and was boasting about the good deal it got. I did not say anything to him, but did congratulate him on his fine new Pistol, a Ruger SR9c. (My favorite pistol). I later let him shoot my Ruger SR22 and he fell in love with it. I told him how much .22 cal cost in good times, and I thought he was going to faint. I told him how I reload ammo and got him interested.

I had packed up and was leaving, and took a look at him, still in the stall. He was busy picking up his brass and putting it into his range bag. I think this kid is on the way to becoming a real firearm enthusiast.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Handled your experience just right with the youngster Davevabch. Always a pleasure to bring along a new devotee. Fun time at the range...No matter how lonely. ;)

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Interesting story. If I were going to shoot a lot of 9mm, reloading is starting to sound better and better.
I picked up 4 Boxes of PMC 9mm back in February. 50 rounds each, at $47.04 (taxes included) per box. At that rate a 1,000 rounds would cost me $940.00 :eek:

I'm sticking with 380's and 22 LRs.

D

Denny4kids

The Pistol that I compete with is a 9mm XDm 5.25. I have bags of brass so they are free, my powder was $10 a pound, primers were $25 per K, my 147 grain FP BB (flat point bevel base) lead bullets were $40 per 500. I punched the numbers in a cost calculator and the results were $0.11 a round, $5.50 per 50, and $110 per thousand! Just Sayin! Denny

And it gives me great Joy to see a new shooter and I go out of my way to help and encourage them.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Wow, $500 for 1,000 rounds! I can see how a new shooter would get the impression that that is a good deal. To think I hated to spend more than $13 for a box of 50 rounds and regularly found ammo on sale for about $10 per box of 50 rounds. I went to the range yesterday and was surprised to find it fairly busy. Guess I should have asked where they were finding ammo. My guess it's from their stash under their bed. Oh, one more thing. I got an email from a local range (not the one I normally go to) offering to buy ammo from customers. They must be having a hard time getting ammo for their range customers. They will only take brass cased ammo and were offering $15 per 50 round box for 9mm. Of course they were buying other calibers, as well. They said they would only sell ammo for use at the range and would limit quantities. Hmmm... maybe I could catch people in the parking lot and offer them $15.50 per box.