Quickshot in Savannah quick review.

Howard Law

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I decided to drop in and test out the Glock Pmags I received in the secret Santa exchange here and figured I'd drop a few thoughts on the range.

The mags are friggin awesome. Drop free without a problem and the baseplate with finger indents made mag changes great.

Quickshot pros:
Clean, modern, sleek.
Had faucets in the lobby for washing hands after being on the range.
Firearm prices were reasonable (not great, but not ridiculous like some places) and a decent selection of handguns.
Range time cost is very fair and very competitive for the area.

Cons:
They didn't trim the fasteners they used to secure the sound dampener to the wall. As a result, there are inch long little spikes all over the walls.
The range was friggin hot. Ventilation seemed fine, it was just hot.
Distance markers were painted only on the walls and we'll over a foot thick.
Range supervision was garbage. There was one employee on the range 'working' with an attractive young woman. I'm not sure if he was doing actually instruction or just trying to lay pipe.
While he was ignoring the rest of the range, an older gentleman faced the rear while fiddling with his firearm (not sure if cleaning or clearing a jam) and two lanes commences pointless rapid fire that hit everything but their targets.

Of particular note was the .50BMG brass on the ground. Seriously, fucking 50 at an indoor range...

Other notes:
Lighting was by far the brightest I've ever seen on an indoor range. I'm not convinced this is a Con, but I also can't call it a Pro. There were friggin lights everywhere.
The range mechanicals were very basic, but functioned nicely. Other area ranges have more advanced target control, but it often doesn't work.

Last edited:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I love but hate seeing brand new gun owners on the rifle ranges.....inevitably they have an AR and do multiple mag dumps and I nearly always find one or two 22 cal holes mixed in with my 30 cal holes on my target.

Reactions: 1776

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Hell, took ther wife to range on 42 in McDonough and a couple of jokers were settling up at the counter and we're getting chargedays for one of the range lights they shot out for going gangsta with their AKs. Glad theyou were leaving as we were coming in. Just take her to shoot her Glock 37 as we do every chance we can. Range is not bad, but hard to focus when people are firing rifles next to you and down. Many shooting positions and don't understand why they don't divide up handguns and rifles a little.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I'm surprised they anyone shoot a damn 50 BMG on a indoor range, a M-107 is loud as hell on a outdoor range.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I love but hate seeing brand new gun owners on the rifle ranges.....inevitably they have an AR and do multiple mag dumps and I nearly always find one or two 22 cal holes mixed in with my 30 cal holes on my target.

I can't believe anyone would shoot at an indoor range to begin with but I really don't understand shooting rifles at one.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I can't believe anyone would shoot at an indoor range to begin with but I really don't understand shooting rifles at one.
Not always having access to a good outdoor range is why I shot at one. I prefer outdoor any day. And I have shot a rifle at an indoor range, but it was lame. I can't imagine a .50 BMG. That's just dumb. There is a range I go to in Carrollton GA that has an indoor 100 yard rifle range. Shot Spot. It's really nice. You shoot of a rest though. But I can see going there if you have a hunting trip and need to check zero and weather doesn't permit outside.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

Because most people dont have land to go shoot on or the time to drive 1-3 hours for an outdoor range.....not rocket science. I should know, I am building a rocket