GA Firing Line

Sheps

Woodsman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
I hate cooking. Like HATE it.

So what are some easy things you can do with steak or chicken? I'm talking a minute to make up, stick it in a plastic bag for half hour, stick it on the grill type deals.
Preferably the sort of thing you could make up with what you'd reasonably expect to find in a regular persons kitchen.

The sort of thing you'd teach your kid before they go off to college or something so they don't just eat ramen every day for 2 months.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Teryaki marinade in a bottle, Haiwaiian marinade in a bottle, Italian salad dressing is good for chicken (the stuff in a bottle)...

Or mom's easy grilling sauce:

The base is melted butter or margarine and Worcestershire sauce. Add black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste. I don't really know the proportions- say about 1/4 cut butter or margarine to 1 cup Worcstershire sauce and about a tablespoon each black pepper and onion powder and about half a tablespoon of garlic powder. Goes good on almost anything grilled. We always mixed it up in a glass pickle jar (emptied and washed of course). If you don't get raw meat on the brush (i.e. pour this sauce on) you can put a lid on it and it keeps very well in the refrigerator.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I hate cooking. Like HATE it.

So what are some easy things you can do with steak or chicken? I'm talking a minute to make up, stick it in a plastic bag for half hour, stick it on the grill type deals.
Preferably the sort of thing you could make up with what you'd reasonably expect to find in a regular persons kitchen.

The sort of thing you'd teach your kid before they go off to college or something so they don't just eat ramen every day for 2 months.

I think the best thing to do, is to learn how to make some simple pan sauces. The variations are endless. Try a small diced onion or shallot sauteed in the pan juices, deglaze with a bit of chicken stock, turn the heat off and melt in some cold butter and finish with lemon juice. Takes five minutes and will make boring chicken enjoyable again.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
Steak just needs a good dry rub and maybe salt and pepper. I thought all chicken was fried? Haha. A good quick meal can also be a pasta dish. Rotini with Alfredo sauce, mushrooms and you got it. Also, everyone should know how to make cornbread. Heck I can eat for several days off of bacon cornbread and milk.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
For steak, I've had good experiences with a quick Jack Daniels marinade:
1 Cup JD
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire

Let sit for 30 mins, (flip bag half-way through), remove from bag, add kosher salt & cracked black pepper, grill hot (600+) and fast, let rest for 5 mins under tin foil, enjoy

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
You'll need to double those amounts for anything above an 8oz steak; you can also adjust amounts for taste, but what I listed tenderizes and imparts a little flaor.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Most important thing to remember about marinading a piece of meat,,,Let it get to room temp before you marinade...

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I don't drink whiskey, only marinade with it ;)
Haha. Honestly I don't marinade much. I mostly just throw on some spices and oil/ mustard and toss it on the grill. If it's a tougher cut of steak sometimes I'll use Dale's or a little balsmaic vinegar then salt and pepper or Montreal Steak seasoning

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If you're marinating a steak, shame on you. For tasteless factory farmed chicken, the old standby of worchestershire, a few drops of liquid smoke, and some garlic is pretty nice.
Also, lemon and finely chopped dill work well.
Toss some broccoli into a steamer for about 3 minute and wilt some spinach into brown rice with a little butter and salt.
Viola, dinner is done in 20 minutes.