American Revival Apparel Company

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
jeff-g-situational-awareness-main-1.jpg

Situational awareness is in my opinion the number one most important tactic and mindset to master over any other. Without situational awareness, you are no more prepared if you had 2 guns and your finger on the trigger of them both. Situational awareness is everything. SO please for the love of God, put down the damn phone!

http://www.itstactical.com/intellic...ss-put-the-damn-phone-away-and-pay-attention/

Reactions: DMR and Glenn

Soylent Green

Hunter
Mar 1, 2015
atlanta
Lets face it we as a society have fallen into 4 new descriptions: The land of entitlements, The land of the unconcerned, The land of the unaware, and the land of the unprotected!!

As much as it pains me to admit this you are correct. The number of people whom are unaware of their surroundings is astounding. My wife kills me with this and it is part of the reason she hasnt driven me ANYWHERE in almost 4 years

Reactions: Glenn

Glenn

Scout
Feb 16, 2015
Apopka, FL

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I agree completely and I share this a lot when I get into discussions about self defense. I first heard about the color codes of mental awareness from Front Sight. Note... this guy sends out a LOT of marketing to his subscribers, but he still makes some REALLY good points on the color codes. From Front Sight:
http://www.adjunct.diodon349.com/attack_on_usa/front_sights_color_code_of_mental_awareness.htm

No doubt @Glenn. I'm a HUGE Col. Jeff Cooper fan and if you get a chance to read anything by him it will open your eyes even more about Situational Awareness. Always in Condition Yellow!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
There was a woman recently who was so busy on her phone that she walked.around a RR guard arm and across train tracks. She was clipped by the train just as she got.to the other side!

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Reactions: sam

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Speaking of situational awareness...the neighbors were outside burning some leaves and pine needles creating a ton of smoke.. .we have a fire station just around the corner and I guess they saw all the smoke and came over with the fire engine. My wife...sitting by a large window facing the action but playing on facebook, was oblivious to it all happening.

Bigr hamr

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
Cartersville
Speaking of situational awareness...the neighbors were outside burning some leaves and pine needles creating a ton of smoke.. .we have a fire station just around the corner and I guess they saw all the smoke and came over with the fire engine. My wife...sitting by a large window facing the action but playing on facebook, was oblivious to it all happening.
Yep. I see people all the time driving with their phone glued to their head,in another world .

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
yesterday,young girl was going 30-40mph weaving all over road,passed her had her knee at steering wheel 1 hand holding her phone other hand typing a stupis text message....stupid

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
I didn't think that I was as attached to my phone as much as some other people are but I learned that I very much am, or was. I was at a class standing in a line of 18 dudes shooting dot drills. We were aimed in at #2 and on command we would fire x number of rounds. Fired two, fired four, at this point the instructor was advising a student of something and my phone rang. Without thinking about it I lowered my head to look at my pocket, as if that would do anything, when I looked back up my sights had drifted down to the #4 target and my grip was off a bit. I was immediately disappointed in my self, I didn't think I was one of those people. Things have changed now, I'm not on my phone as much and I have made it a point that anytime I get a message I don't check it for a few minutes.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I keep the ringer turned off on mine. Usually it's on vibrate only (which I have a 40% chance of noticing, depending on where I am at the time). Most of the people who send me messages know that I'll get around to them, but it probably won't happen right away.

I wish I could get my wife to buy into the idea that she could help keep us all safer in the car if she'd watch what's going on outside while I'm driving. Instead she's usually nose deep into that iPhone of hers.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I should feel bad maybe even start an intervention group but I can't stop looking at SET. I'm afraid I'm gonna miss something.