Precision rimfire training?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Would anyone be interested? Me and a couple others could host a training day focusing on 22lr. Of course, what you learn here would translate to the centerfire stuff as well.

Cost: $35 a head or so. Maybe up to $50 as we'd be taking an entire range for an entire day. We wouldn't get any money out of this as this is just the range fee and would be handing this money straight to either Red Hill or Gun Site.

Initial plan is to do this at Red Hill Range. On the way, feel free to stop by Nightforce and leave @Laufen some loving notes.

As far as material goes, plan on this being very much tailored to what people need. Of course will go over basic ballistics, set up any rifles that need it, adjust things where needed, get good chrono numbers, a good zero and build a quick dope sheet out to 300 yds. Will get data needed to plug into a ballistic calculator as well. We can work on basic fundamentals, positional shooting, and probably end the day with a sample nrl22 or prs 22 style match. I can bring various rifles, scopes, gear and so on to let people touch and feel stuff that generally is not carried in local stores. Try and shoot with different gear and styles and see what works for you.

Basically what I'm wanting to accomplish is get more people into shooting, more people into shooting 22 at range, get some basic fundamentals and some comfort level with a rifle. Many people are scared or tentative about showing up to a completion and looking like a fool, so hopefully we can get over that fear and provide a decent base to grow on. Will support a great guy and great range and plain old have some fun.

Before anyone asks, I don't want young kids involved yet. Flame me of you like, but I have no interest in babysitting while trying to work with other people.

Also before anyone asks, I'm not a sniper or anything of that nature. I have a love for sport and have picked up a lot over the years, but don't expect this to be any sort of Recon Sniper course.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Sounds like fun!

Reactions: dial1911

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Would anyone be interested? Me and a couple others could host a training day focusing on 22lr. Of course, what you learn here would translate to the centerfire stuff as well.

Cost: $35 a head or so. Maybe up to $50 as we'd be taking an entire range for an entire day. We wouldn't get any money out of this as this is just the range fee and would be handing this money straight to either Red Hill or Gun Site.

Initial plan is to do this at Red Hill Range. On the way, feel free to stop by Nightforce and leave @Laufen some loving notes.

As far as material goes, plan on this being very much tailored to what people need. Of course will go over basic ballistics, set up any rifles that need it, adjust things where needed, get good chrono numbers, a good zero and build a quick dope sheet out to 300 yds. Will get data needed to plug into a ballistic calculator as well. We can work on basic fundamentals, positional shooting, and probably end the day with a sample nrl22 or prs 22 style match. I can bring various rifles, scopes, gear and so on to let people touch and feel stuff that generally is not carried in local stores. Try and shoot with different gear and styles and see what works for you.

Basically what I'm wanting to accomplish is get more people into shooting, more people into shooting 22 at range, get some basic fundamentals and some comfort level with a rifle. Many people are scared or tentative about showing up to a completion and looking like a fool, so hopefully we can get over that fear and provide a decent base to grow on. Will support a great guy and great range and plain old have some fun.

Before anyone asks, I don't want young kids involved yet. Flame me of you like, but I have no interest in babysitting while trying to work with other people.

Also before anyone asks, I'm not a sniper or anything of that nature. I have a love for sport and have picked up a lot over the years, but don't expect this to be any sort of Recon Sniper course.

Hey, you KNOW I have no problems looking like a TOTAL FOOL in front of others, especially at competitions. In fact, TOTAL FOOL is my password on most websites!!

SO, if the date can line up I'm IN. I already built myself a rifle to do this sort of stuff after that last embarrassment at the range, so I'm GTG...Except I still don't know how to read wind, and I haven't gotten to play at anything beyond 150yds, and that ballistic calculator thing needs going over again before it really sinks in...
But I got the tools, and I'm a tool, so let's DO THIS THING!!!!

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Hey, you KNOW I have no problems looking like a TOTAL FOOL in front of others, especially at competitions. In fact, TOTAL FOOL is my password on most websites!!

SO, if the date can line up I'm IN. I already built myself a rifle to do this sort of stuff after that last embarrassment at the range, so I'm GTG...Except I still don't know how to read wind, and I haven't gotten to play at anything beyond 150yds, and that ballistic calculator thing needs going over again before it really sinks in...
But I got the tools, and I'm a tool, so let's DO THIS THING!!!!
Haha. Well, there is art to wind reading, and the best way to learn it, is to actually shoot. 22 will show any miscalculation on your part

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That would be awesome! I’d love to get behind a 34mm tube with some good glass! Think you could get a Razor Gen II? :tape2:
Naw, I’ll only bring good stuff lol.
Our 7-35x56 ATACR is actually very popular in NRL not only because of power, but also because of the 11 yard parallax capability.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I'd be game depending timing, etc.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Will get to timing when all of this stuff passes. Hopefully within the next couple months. The NRL22 season in starting soon, and I'd like to do this prior to the season. Get more people comfortable, at least a little, and ultimately, get more people shooting these.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
You‘ll get hooked in a hurry with these. It’s a ton of fun. And it’s much easier to get into than centerfire.