Practical church carry

GA Firing Line

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
The subject of church carry has been a topic of discussion since the passage of HB60, but only in the last few weeks has it been brought to the forefront of my thinking. The subject has the potential to be both complex and controversial for many churches, though I won't try to address all of that in my original post.

I recently had a conversation with a staff member at my church. He recently acquired his carry permit and a new gun, and he is serious about carrying at all times. In addition to this new commitment, he wants to organize the "quiet carriers" among the church membership, develop a plan for the church campus, and have professional training for everyone involved. It's a timely idea, and I'm glad to see the first steps being taken.

I'm just wondering what other folks are experiencing with their own churches.

opposition?
Silence?
positive steps?

Last edited:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
MY church is largely silent on the issue. I'm friends with one of the Elders and asked about it...he basically said no open carry. I know several people that carry there; it's partly why I got the Shield.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
I carry concealed, don't want to advertise to someone and be a target.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I carry concealed everywhere I go. There are many at my church that I know carry also. The pastor is very much for it and has even made some comments from the pool pit regarding it. I could probably open carry there and nobody would say a word.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I carry in churches the same way I did before hb60...hell the same way I carry everywhere.

I have never bothered asking. I honestly don't care what other people think.
I haven't bothered asking before either. I also conceal so that it shouldn't be evident to anyone. My wife and I occasionally teach a class of 5 year old kids, and in that case I have only pocket carried to be sure that no one can tell.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I carry concealed everywhere I go. There are many at my church that I know carry also. The pastor is very much for it and has even made some comments from the pool pit regarding it. I could probably open carry there and nobody would say a word.
lol@pool pit. Auto correct ftw.

Reactions: jwtug

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Y'all should be putting your trust in the lord.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
That's disgraceful. A XD? Barf.
Yeah but they shoot great. I had a sub-compact that I can't explain why I shot so well.

People "just following orders" are 100X more a threat than those taking entitlements.