Plate carrier recommendations

American Revival Apparel Company

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have some level IIIa hard plates on their way to me. I need to find a carrier for them though.

Looking for a balance of quality vs price. I want it to hold up but I'm also not going to war with it. I would like something low profile that I can throw a few mag pouches on. Any suggestions?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I'm interested too. The condor hat and bag once had seemed ok for the money, but that isn't the same as a plate carrier.
That's where I'm at with it. Realistically condor would probably work. But if I can spend not a whole lot more for something better then I'm interested

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
My suggestion....dont get shot in the chest. Honestly, i spent enough time training with plates and without. I'll never wear them again. Too cumbersome, and the protection is not worth what you lose in mobility.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
My suggestion....dont get shot in the chest. Honestly, i spent enough time training with plates and without. I'll never wear them again. Too cumbersome, and the protection is not worth what you lose in mobility.
These plates are thin and light (under two pounds for both). The front is shooters cut and I only plan on putting two single Mag pouches and a small IFAK to keep bulk and weight to a minimum.

Reactions: karlvv

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
These plates are thin and light (under two pounds for both). The front is shooters cut and I only plan on putting two single Mag pouches and a small IFAK to keep bulk and weight to a minimum.

That doesn't sound bad. Last time I wore plates they were 15ish pounds each. Thats like running around holding 6 bags of sugar and trying to fight. Im glad plate tech has evolved.

Reactions: dial1911

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
That doesn't sound bad. Last time I wore plates they were 15ish pounds each. Thats like running around holding 6 bags of sugar and trying to fight. Im glad plate tech has evolved.
Yeah I don't want bulk. But I figure if I can have ballistic protection for not much more weight than just a chest rig it wouldn't hurt.

Getting the plates for free is also a big reason I'm doing it.

Reactions: karlvv

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Yeah I don't want bulk. But I figure if I can have ballistic protection for not much more weight than just a chest rig it wouldn't hurt.

Getting the plates for free is also a big reason I'm doing it.

I like free.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
When the fuck was the last time you were in kit?
Shit, my 11x14 ar500s are only 12lbs each. Good ceramic and other composites are crazy light these days.

I'd go with condor for your purpose. Definitely not the best, but it'll do what you need without costing a ton.

Check out the mopc or the sentry depending on how much crap you want to hang on it.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
When the fuck was the last time you were in kit?
Shit, my 11x14 ar500s are only 12lbs each. Good ceramic and other composites are crazy light these days.

I'd go with condor for your purpose. Definitely not the best, but it'll do what you need without costing a ton.

Check out the mopc or the sentry depending on how much crap you want to hang on it.

2009 was the last time. The plates come down to my belly button. I'm a big un. I never liked them. Our Men in nam didn't need them.