Place to try optics

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
so if any of you have noticed the optics demo display at adventure outdoors in the back corner where they have optics mounted to plastic guns.

Is there a store in the metro area that has something similar with red dots?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Aimpoint pro, aimpoint t1, eotech, maybe the budget versions like vortex or primary arms.

Just can't decide between the aimpoint pro size or the micro red dot size. I think I'm going to try one of the budget versions first and see how I like it before I commit to the real deal ones but can't figure out which style I like.

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
The Atlanta Stoddards should have displays with batteries in them if you just wanna demo them. I know they have eotech, Aimpoint, Vortex.

Take your rifle in there. I know at douglasville we didn't give a damn about mounting displays.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Aimpoint pro, aimpoint t1, eotech, maybe the budget versions like vortex or primary arms.

Just can't decide between the aimpoint pro size or the micro red dot size. I think I'm going to try one of the budget versions first and see how I like it before I commit to the real deal ones but can't figure out which style I like.

If you want to meet at Georgia Firing Line, I'll throw the Strikefire on one AR and a Eotech on another, if that helps any, that or the Governers Gun Club, The weekday range rates are pretty reasonable, but its a short ass range.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code

I own or have owned a vortex sparc, five pa red dots, an aimpoint pro, a lucid hd7, a docter 2, one cheap knock Chinese knockoff of a docter reflex, a muller (or was it mueller) quick shot, and a Tasco cheapo.

I have shot my buddy's rifle with an eotech 518.

Nothing compares to trying them out but...

I think that some of these will seem comparable in weight and feel for the short-term but leave you feeling cheated out of money in the mid or long-term.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
If you want to meet at Georgia Firing Line, I'll throw the Strikefire on one AR and a Eotech on another, if that helps any, that or the Governers Gun Club, The weekday range rates are pretty reasonable, but its a short ass range.

I will probably take you up on that offer soon.
[DOUBLEPOST=1461813731][/DOUBLEPOST]
I own or have owned a vortex sparc, five pa red dots, an aimpoint pro, a lucid hd7, a docter 2, one cheap knock Chinese knockoff of a docter reflex, a muller (or was it mueller) quick shot, and a Tasco cheapo.

I have shot my buddy's rifle with an eotech 518.

Nothing compares to trying them out but...

I think that some of these will seem comparable in weight and feel for the short-term but leave you feeling cheated out of money in the mid or long-term.

If I do go with a less expensive one it will eventually go onto a .22 and be replaced with a "name brand" one.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Most any decent shop should have those available to at least glance through. You'll just have to go off reviews of the PA stuff.