One pellet - 5 pop cans

GA Firing Line

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
mukwah said:
We did the same also! We would have BB gun wars with all the neighborhood boys! No shooting above the waist! Everyone would wear 2 pair of jeans. Still stung but not as bad. Man, we were really lucky nobody was seriously hurt!
That reminds me of when I and the kids I hung around with went down to the hardware store and bought a bag of #6 lead shot.

Away from public view, all but one of the guys in the group would crouch at a line. Then, the one guy - the "shooter" - loaded a pinch of shot into the pouch of a Whamo slingshot and then told the others to run (away from the "shooter"). Then the runners then got a load of shot blasted at their rear ends from about 20 feet away. After that, we changed shooters. Other than a few "owies", nobody ever got injured. Everybody had their eyes intact.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Check out this xray of my fantastic shot with a pellet gun into my heel. I was using a Baikal 46m target pistol that is renown for superb and unbelievable accuracy. Unfortunatel for me is has a adjustable trigger that can be adjusted to a fraction of a pound. Mine was shipped to me adjusted to far down.

scan0001.jpg

Baikal1.jpg

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
mukwah said:
We did the same also! We would have BB gun wars with all the neighborhood boys! No shooting above the waist! Everyone would wear 2 pair of jeans. Still stung but not as bad. Man, we were really lucky nobody was seriously hurt!

Oh man...memories of my youth! :)

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I am glad I learned my lesson on the Daisy. I later got my brother's hand me down Sheridan 5mm pump pellet rifle. I killed many squirrels with that one and even a couple of rabbits. That one was an air rifle!

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
HERE IS A GREAT STARTER GUN

Ok, probably the very best low cost investment in a new pellet rifle is the RWS DIANA MDL 34. Also a German rifle and a fantastic rifle. Will last a life time. You may find one used on the Yellow forum classifieds many times. A new one runs about $250. That said a great buy is the Chinese clone version of that rifle, the Ruger blackhawk. You can pick one up at walmart cheap, or from Pyramyd Air for $99.00 including the scope. Ok, just shoot the gun, have some fun and here is the kicker, Later order a Vortek Kit and you will be amazed at the difference. The kit is terric and really smooths these gun out, and even increases velocity.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Ruger_Blackhawk_Combo/1832
http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/

ALSO VIEW THEIR CLASSIFIEDS

Got questions about air guns? Go here and ask away.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I put some pellets threw my Pumpmaster today. I tried 2 hand & 1 hand and rest. Didn't make munch deference on the groups. I guest I will have to try harder.

Shoot in my basement at 10yd.

RICHGCOOP

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL I have a few extra .357 Mag rounds that I'd loan you then you could really pop some cans and paper.