One pellet - 5 pop cans

American Revival Apparel Company

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
We need some pellet gun testing.
I will start with 5 EMT pop cans, Using 10 pumps with my 1377. It went through all 5 cans and bounced off the door.

RICHGCOOP

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Was down on the river with my son yesterday, that gun is quite impressive. I think he wants one now. It will get me through this ammo shortage. I still see on some forums where people are still panic buying.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
OK, what always got me about that whole, "You'll shoot your eye out!", was Ralphie wore thick glasses. Seems like the last thing you'd worry about on him. :eek:

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Of course, most of us who grew up around BB guns heard "you'll shoot your eye out" from our own Moms long before that movie ever came out. That's what makes this so funny for a lot of us.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
SkipD said:
Of course, most of us who grew up around BB guns heard "you'll shoot your eye out" from our own Moms long before that movie ever came out. That's what makes this so funny for a lot of us.

I didn't shoot my eye out but I came close on a neighbor kid. This sounds like a lie but it is true.

My neighbor, David, was peeking out of a large knothole in a barn door. His brother said, "David is looking out the knothole. I bet you can't hit the knothole". The words barely escaped his mouth and I turned and fired a hail mary shot. The next thing you hear is David thrashing around in the barn. Then the door flies open and runs past us with a BB stuck right below his eye in his cheek and he is yelling at the top of his lungs, " I AM TELLING DAD!" We tried to catch him but couldn't. This was around the mid 70's and a different time to say the least. David's dad, who looked like he was carved out of rock, gave me a serious butt whippin with the belt right then and there. Then he told me to go home and tell my dad what I had done, and what he had done about it. I was no dummy. I kept my mouth shut for at least 5 years before I ever told my dad about it. ;D

D

Denny4kids

Great story Big Dog! I can close my eyes and see Norman Rockwell artwork showing how it all went down. Denny

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
bigdogdaddy said:
SkipD said:

I didn't shoot my eye out but I came close on a neighbor kid. This sounds like a lie but it is true.

My neighbor, David, was peeking out of a large knothole in a barn door. His brother said, "David is looking out the knothole. I bet you can't hit the knothole". The words barely escaped his mouth and I turned and fired a hail mary shot. The next thing you hear is David thrashing around in the barn. Then the door flies open and runs past us with a BB stuck right below his eye in his cheek and he is yelling at the top of his lungs, " I AM TELLING DAD!" We tried to catch him but couldn't. This was around the mid 70's and a different time to say the least. David's dad, who looked like he was carved out of rock, gave me a serious butt whippin with the belt right then and there. Then he told me to go home and tell my dad what I had done, and what he had done about it. I was no dummy. I kept my mouth shut for at least 5 years before I ever told my dad about it. ;D

When I was a kid some folks from Alabama moved in down the street and we helped move some stuff. I thought they were rich 'cause they bought a bucket full of fried chicken! Anyway, some older kids let me take my first shot with a BB gun at that bucket. I shot low, hit the stump the bucket was on and the BB bounced straight back and got me right between the eyes. I didn't say a word but took another shot.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I never dreamed I would make the shot but thought I could scare him. I had one of the Daisy BB guns that was so cheap it didn't have the stock fore-end. You just held the barrel. It was so weak that sometimes you could actually see the BB in the air. It shot hard enough to stick a BB in David's cheek though.

It all turned out well other than his cheek and my cheeks.

M

mukwah

We did the same also! We would have BB gun wars with all the neighborhood boys! No shooting above the waist! Everyone would wear 2 pair of jeans. Still stung but not as bad. Man, we were really lucky nobody was seriously hurt!