One more time - "A must read for gun carriers"

Faktory 47
D

Denny4kids

I am glad you posted this! This is my line of reasoning when I must talk to anti-gunners or hoplophic bigots. The writer makes his point a lot better than I do and I will study his article. Den

Sassi

Hunter
Mar 7, 2010
Middle Georgia
Thanks for sharing this. What he says, in my opinion is so true. I cannot run like I could forty years ago. I cannot fight like I did forty years ago because of arthritis and age. I just want to live in peace and be left alone. Unfortunately in the times we are living in there are many out there who look at folks like me and automatically assume they have a "softy" in their sights, because I am an old man.

R

rayzer007

Sassi said:
Unfortunately in the times we are living in there are many out there who look at folks like me and automatically assume they have a "softy" in their sights, because I am an old man.

I think that would be a huge mistake in judgement for a young person to make concerning all of us old men in the club.

Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
rayzer007 said:
Sassi said:
Unfortunately in the times we are living in there are many out there who look at folks like me and automatically assume they have a "softy" in their sights, because I am an old man.

I think that would be a huge mistake in judgement for a young person to make concerning all of us old men in the club.

Ray
You got that right, Ray.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Great thoughts here. I would add that our reactions are slower than a younger guy (sorry...but true guys and gals). So to say that it completely levels the field would be a little off. I do feel that our mindset, and our level of proficientcy DOES bring us on par with a younger dude. Interesting food for thought here. Thanks for the post up!

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
My wife must have read the article about Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: Reason and Force..... :-\

Enjoyed the read.... 8)

R

rayzer007

Trigger_1 said:
My wife must have read the article about Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: Reason and Force..... :-\

I submit when dealing with wives there is a third way, which is the only way that always works: Let Them Have Their Way. Reasoning is impossible; and Force produces bitterness; therefore, Letting Them Have Their Way solves the issue (and sometimes allows you to get another gun!). ;) :D
YMMV!

Ray

MajMarine

Scout
Jun 8, 2012
N41º 42', W111º 47'
framedcraig1 said:
Great thoughts here. I would add that our reactions are slower than a younger guy (sorry...but true guys and gals). So to say that it completely levels the field would be a little off. I do feel that our mindset, and our level of proficientcy DOES bring us on par with a younger dude. Interesting food for thought here. Thanks for the post up!

I realize I'm new here, but if I may just add my $.02. You are exactly right. First, the younger dudes that may pose a threat are, as a general rule, NOT practicing with their weapons. Sure, they shoot. But do you really think they are practicing emergency action drills? Have then even begun to put as many rounds downrange as most of you (and I) have? How much do those with the mindset of a bad guy know about proper grip, sight alignment, proper trigger pull, etc? I would bet dollars to donuts that every one of us on this board wishes they had the mental discipline we have now when we were younger. But, that very mental discipline you now have, combined with your skill set, puts you at a distinct advantage. I would much rather face one of those 'younger dudes' any day of the week, rather than face any of you.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Good comback MajMarine. My personal proficiency has tripled over the past five years. I usually go to the range about once a week. I have my weapons sighted in, and use various shooting drills to up my skill level. double tap and one head shot, and the Tueller drill are two my favorites. If everything goes south quick...where do we meet up guys and gals?!....;) I love this" home" we all met up in every day or so. Lots of info here..with folks who really know how to use it all. Thanks to all of you. C