Olight Recall

Howard Law

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Whoopsies...

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
How the hell do you let it get to a 2nd deg burn ?? I have a couple of the warrior mini and yeah it can turn on in your pocket like anything with a button that is pressed but geesh just reach in turn it off before it gets so hot it burns your skin. I guess people have just passed out with to many brewskies I guess and didn’t know it was burning them.

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
How the hell do you let it get to a 2nd deg burn ?? I have a couple of the warrior mini and yeah it can turn on in your pocket like anything with a button that is pressed but geesh just reach in turn it off before it gets so hot it burns your skin. I guess people have just passed out with to many brewskies I guess and didn’t know it was burning them.
Kinda sounds like some people looking for a payout...like the lady that spilled her McDonald's coffee in her lap and sued for the burn damage

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Kinda sounds like some people looking for a payout...like the lady that spilled her McDonald's coffee in her lap and sued for the burn damage

That makes more sense they get up to 110% in store credit now. Not sure if I trade mine in or not ... why not get the latest version for free lol

Reactions: Huddy

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
The lady that had 3rd degree burns, got hospitalized, had to undergo skin grafts, and years of rehabilitation that only sued to get her medical bills reimbursed?

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
I can't wait until summer when my black leather car seats get hotter than the surface of the sun.
I've never had too much trouble with black leather.
Now, try black vinyl or 'leatherette'. That's a different story.

Reactions: 3x

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
I feel like you’d notice if it got that hot...But, I do have a Gerber artifact multi tool on my keys that housed an exacto blade...bad boy opened up without me realizing. It wasn’t until a customer said “You’re dripping blood.” That I knew it splayed me open pretty good. My khakis were soaked...best damn multi tool though.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I gave up on Olight years ago. All of their lights either don't turn on when you need them to or they turn on when you don't want them to. Been carrying the same Surefire EDCL2-T ever since and it has been rock solid. I've bought a few Streamlights but always go back to the SF. I do miss the rechargable batteries of the Olights and Streamlights but that's literally the only thing.

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Olights are worth the price of admission and that's about it.
I'm milk toast on them. Have several from the last 4-5 years. The small pockets lights have been good edc. I've run the baldr, pro, Valkyrie and have one issue with those: though I like the convenience of the quick detach, the lockup isn't great. You can twist them pretty easy from the locked-on-rail position. Lately though, I am moving away from lights with all kinds of modes and features. For a mounted light I want momentary/constant on, reasonable output of 350-600 lumens. That's it. Oh, and decent fucking holsters to accommodate...and that IS a pain with the olights

Reactions: FatAlbert

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Been contemplating a modlite for rifle mount, but my desire for NVD is hindering that and other things. For now, I've stuck with my surefire gpx series in universal mounts cuz poor. In general, the olight weapon lights I own have been relegated to backup systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: dial1911

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Olight in the pocket is one thing but yeah, I've got no interest in their weapon mounted options either.

Lumens are overrated, I want all the candela I can get hanging off my smoke pole.

View attachment 144973
Secondarily, ever pop a 1500 lumen light in an all white painted room in complete dark? I have and that's too much output. The reflection is blinding. I've played with many lights in my basement in the dark and in general, over 600 lum becomes an impediment. I suppose that doesn't matter if your outdoors, or in a moderately lit room, but in real dark...it's a hindrance.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Secondarily, ever pop a 1500 lumen light in an all white painted room in complete dark? I have and that's too much output. The reflection is blinding. I've played with many lights in my basement in the dark and in general, over 600 lum becomes an impediment. I suppose that doesn't matter if your outdoors, or in a moderately lit room, but in real dark...it's a hindrance.

Amen.

Reactions: Huddy