OK ... need advice

Faktory 47

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I know what you mean about the old double barrel. I have an old utica wire twist double made in New York.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

M

mukwah

OK, I'm home with my payload,but, they are still in my vehicle. Hate to spring all 3 on my wife at once! Kinda blows my "just one more" approach. The Marlin and the. 22 pump are in pretty good shape. The 22 pump has a problem where the fore end dosen't lock into place after you cycle a round. Not sure what's causing that, I'll have to do some research on that. The 12ga looks well used with a very light coat of rust. Gotta figure out the best way to get that off and get it oiled down. I have plans to strip the stock and fore end, shorten the barrel and do the whole thing in black for a SD shotgun. All in all I'm pleased and will post pictures soon! Oh yeah, I talked him down to $375 on the package!

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Tell her you only bought the Marlin, the other two were free. Probably won't work though. Nice buy, looking forward to the pics.

M

mukwah

Nah, after 30 years I've learned not to push my luck! They'll just slowly appear one at a time!;)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Oh Mukwah....If you had ANY idea how hard I'm laughing right now. Been there...DONE THAT. Good luck buddy. Hey...you could come and camp out at our place for a week or two!...

M

mukwah

Upon closer inspection of my catch I discovered the .22 is not a Stevens but a High Standard! Model number says P200. Can't seem to find any info on it to order replacement parts I may need to get her into shape. Any ideas?

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Try here-
http://www.highstandard.info/

I see a P100 listed.

My wife inherited a Sears Model 583.2501, mfg about 1963, from her father. It is a tube magazine, semi-auto rifle made by High Standard, inexpensively made, but shoots very well. Great fun plinker or squirrel erradicator.

M

mukwah

Off today and wifely was at work so I had a chance to play a little with my new to me toys, mainly gathering info for research on parts etc. Discovered the High Standard is a P100 not P200, mfg probably around 1965. The fore end lock problem appears to be in the release latch not holding. I'll have to get into the innards to find out why.
The Marlin is a Model 336 made around '65 also. Must have both been bought at the same time by the previous owner, along with the 12ga Stevens pump.
Really looking forward to piddling with them and fixing them up. I have all the guns I need ready to rock so I don't have to get in any hurry. I think this might quench my thirst for having to buy a new gun for a while, besides I don't have any room to hide any more from my wife!
Will keep y'all posted on my progress and post some pictures soon! Oh yeah, Paduk grips coming along nicely, and thanks Denny for the parts info!