OK ... need advice

Howard Law
M

mukwah

Here's the deal, I'm been stashing money back to buy a Judge Public Defender and a friend offers me a deal. A Stevens 12ga pump, a Stevens .22 pump, and a Marlin 30-30 Lever action for $400 flat! Now I can't decide! What do you guys think??

RobR369

Scout
Jun 12, 2012
Buy the guns off him, and start stashing away again.. Before you know it, you will have 4 guns 8)

M

mukwah

Re: OK...Need Advice

That was my thought. Don't really need another shotgun as I have 4 allready, but I could sell it to start another stash!

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
Take the deal. That a lot of guns for the money. The Judge will always be there. You could also sell the ones you don't want to keep.

R

rayzer007

WAcarry said:
Take the deal. That a lot of guns for the money. The Judge will always be there. You could also sell the ones you don't want to keep.
+1+

Ray

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
sounds like he's selling a survival kit. those 3 guns effectively cover the basics for very little $$. now buy a tube and bury them!

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Let's see....

A. Buy 3 now and then in a few months buy the Judge and have spent those few months enjoying shooting the 3 and end up with 4 new to you guns.

-OR-

B. Buy the Judge now and in a few months you have 1 new gun.

I think A. has the most potential for longer term gun fix satisfaction.

Feed the junkie

D

Denny4kids

Buy the rifles! I read an article in SWAT Magazine and they came right out and said that although the Judge functioned great, They could find no use for it. The novelty wore off quick. Den

M

mukwah

Thanks guys, pretty much confirmed my gut feeling on this. I'll be seeing the rifles and shotgun this Saturday and barring any malfunctions I'll be bringing them home and posting pictures!

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
mukwah, I have a couple of friends that have the Judge and have fun shooting it however for need they only carry it when they deer hunt to shoot rattlesnakes (Texas) they come across. ::)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I have the Judge 3" SS magnum. I am not saying to purchase it first but that is one fun gun. I like going out and getting different ammo. I have 6 or 7 flavors of ammo for it right now. I keep it handy at the house. Put the 000 buck shot in it and you have a pretty decent home SD gun that won't over penetrate. I also have Hornady .45 LC, standard .45LC rounds, 00 buck, riffled slugs, PDX1 and some bird shot. My Judge is all Stainless Steel and its heavy but I have a shoulder holster and found it not to be that bad to carry in the winter for a few hours. The polymer should do well. Seems the Judge and my SR22PB are the two I grab the most when I want to have some fun shooting handguns. Just my 2 cents.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
RugerRon60 said:
I have the Judge 3" SS magnum. I am not saying to purchase it first but that is one fun gun. I like going out and getting different ammo. I have 6 or 7 flavors of ammo for it right now. I keep it handy at the house. Put the 000 buck shot in it and you have a pretty decent home SD gun that won't over penetrate. I also have Hornady .45 LC, standard .45LC rounds, 00 buck, riffled slugs, PDX1 and some bird shot. My Judge is all Stainless Steel and its heavy but I have a shoulder holster and found it not to be that bad to carry in the winter for a few hours. The polymer should do well. Seems the Judge and my SR22PB are the two I grab the most when I want to have some fun shooting handguns. Just my 2 cents.

I don't have one. Mostly because I see it's effectiveness limited to home/vehicle defense (as others have said). But I really like shooting it and am horrified by its devastating pattern with some of the specialized 410 ammo. I like to put weapon lights on my hd guns and I think I read that there is or soon will be a model with a small rail under the barrel. If so, there will likely be one stashed in a lockbox in one of the corners or my home in the future.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
yz9890 said:
RugerRon60 said:

I don't have one. Mostly because I see it's effectiveness limited to home/vehicle defense (as others have said). But I really like shooting it and am horrified by its devastating pattern with some of the specialized 410 ammo. I like to put weapon lights on my hd guns and I think I read that there is or soon will be a model with a small rail under the barrel. If so, there will likely be one stashed in a lockbox in one of the corners or my home in the future.

I think CT makes a laser grip for them. It is a crazy gun and I really enjoy it. It's main function for me is to have fun with it but I keep it close by for HD use. I think I enjoy watching other people shoot it as much I like shooting it. It does have its limit's, but fun isn't one of them.

M

mukwah

Tomorrow is the big day! Meet the seller around noon. Hopefully I'll be hauling home 3 new to me longuns! Had a major temptation to stray from my plan today while in my LGS. A beautifully stocked Stoger 12ga double barrel coach gun caught my eye! After fondling a while I had to put her down and just walk away.....another day maybe!