Ok, finally a pocket gun trainer!!!!!!!!!!

Howard Law

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Are there after-market triggers and red dot sights and lasers and can you Cerakote them and how about extended magazines and and and?

Sorry, I'm headed back to the twelve step program. There went the 20 minute coin.

;D

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Stopped by a friends house over the holiday. He had one of these little pocket trainers and some targets set up from 3ft to 10ft. The drill was to draw the gun out and hit center mass in 3 sec. If you do not, you are dead. Concealed Carry is very serious business. Drawing your weapon quickly and coming to target is a major factor in saving your life. The holster you choose and where you place it on your body is critical. If you do not train, you lose. Think the drill DRILL IS EASY? At the time, I was carrying in my back pocket, I was dead when I went to hit target. I survived front pocket carry. I have a lot of practice to do. IF YOU CANNOT HIT THE TARGET WITH THE TRAINER IN TIME, YOU WILL NOT HIT NOT HIT THE REAL TARGET IN REAL TIME! OR :-*

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Actually 3 seconds can get you killed. The Tueller Drill shows that an attacker with a knife can travel 21 ft. In about 1.5 seconds. 3 seconds for 3-10 ft is way to long for an attacker. You can also gain some slight advantage/time by moving if attacked.

Also with good situational awareness you can have your hand on the gun while in your pocket. That can give you some advantage. You can be screwed if you have a pocket gun and poor situational awareness, or any type of holstered gun for that matter. In addition to your gun, your brain can help give you some advantage.

Look here to see the Tueller Drill in action:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wmZj6dYrNzk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwmZj6dYrNzk

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
lws380 said:
Actually 3 seconds can get you killed. The Tueller Drill shows that an attacker with a knife can travel 21 ft. In about 1.5 seconds. 3 seconds for 3-10 ft is way to long for an attacker. You can also gain some slight advantage/time by moving if attacked.

Also with good situational awareness you can have your hand on the gun while in your pocket. That can give you some advantage. You can be screwed if you have a pocket gun and poor situational awareness, or any type of holstered gun for that matter. In addition to your gun, your brain can help give you some advantage.

Look here to see the Tueller Drill in action:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wmZj6dYrNzk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwmZj6dYrNzk

I agree that 3 seconds is way too long. However it is a starting place on the clock. DRILL BABY DRILL!

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Is there one made that is semiautomatic so I don't have to rack it each shot.

I'm looking for something small, doesn't have to be blowback, just something I don't have to load each shot. 6mm plastic bb. Gas source doesn't matter.

Any ideas Dave?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

R

rayzer007

That's a good video Doug. The constant pounding thump in the background is awfully irritating though.

Ray

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Re: Re: Ok, finally a pocket gun trainer!!!!!!!!!!

lws380 said:
Good video on Tueller drill and how movement can help. Also notice the good situational awareness when he notices the placement of the hand.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jwHYRBNc9r8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjwHYRBNc9r8

These Best Defense videos are good. I watch the show all the time on my cable.

This is exactly why I advocate for no training. Training is a set up for presumption and you simply and factually cannot practice for any defensive situation, because they are fundamentally different each and every time.

All you're doing with training and drills is setting yourself up for failure. Take every interaction for face value.

Sure, study kill zones and pressure points, but quit the idiotic "defensive drills", because the only real muscle that memorizes anything is the brain. Muscle memory is the biggest joke that ever was. It's very basic physiology, the brain sends electrical input through pulses, which the body reacts to through its musculatory structure. Your muscles quite literally have no memory, only your brain, and if you condition your brain, to condition your muscles to react a particular way, they can do nothing else.

I cannot stress enough how vital it is not to train for civilian defensive situations.

M

mukwah

I'll have to go on the record as respectfully disagreeing with you BTB, but thats just my opinion and those are like a**holes, everyone's got one. But at the end of the day what works for one person may not work for another. Any plan is better than no plan!8)

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Re: Re: Ok, finally a pocket gun trainer!!!!!!!!!!

mukwah said:
I'll have to go on the record as respectfully disagreeing with you BTB, but thats just my opinion and those are like a**holes, everyone's got one. But at the end of the day what works for one person may not work for another. Any plan is better than no plan!8)

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

Everyone I know in the gun world does, but I will continue to advocate for less training. I believe it to be a pitfall in civilian world.

R

rayzer007

I always appreciate seeing options/alternatives in the scenarios that I may not have considered. Tips or tricks; not that I am rigidly training for specific situations, but I'm always thinking about how different predicaments might be best handled. Information is good; adaptability is a necessity.

Ray