Ohio residents break the chl record

American Revival Apparel Company

Machi

Hunter
Mar 28, 2016
machi submitted a new blog post

Ohio Residents Break The CHL Record

concealed_carry-150x150.jpg

Ohioans set a new record for the number of concealed handgun licenses issued in the first quarter of 2016. With over 36,000 new CHL applications approved (36,118 to be exact) there were over 400 approved every single day during the first 90 days of 2016. If you add in the 11,242 renewals for the same period you get a staggering number of almost 48,000 CHL holders. That brings the total to over 500,000 in the state of Ohio, which is about 4% of the population. In other words, every time you pass 17 Ohio residents, one of them will have their CHL.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

T.Trimble

Scout
Jun 24, 2016
Love to see these kind of stats. Makes me feel a lot better knowing there are that many people preparing themselves.

Feb 9, 2016
Does anyone know of a cheap place to get my CCW? I am 25 miles West of Cleveland. I month or so ago my wife said she saw a post on Facebook about a $40 CCW class being offered. Ohio won't accept my CCW class from Oregon so it appears I have to do it all over again. Sorry to hack your post, but I still can't figure out how to start my own thread or conversation in a forum. :(

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I suggest shopping around for quality, not price. Find the best instructors in your area and pay whatever their class costs. I know money can be tight, but good instruction is always worth the cost. I don't know anything about the class you saw for $40, but unfortunately, many of those classes run 25 to 30 students per instructor and are just designed to churn out students without much quality instruction. I've even seen many where the students take a total of 5 shots on the range and that's it.

Feb 9, 2016
[QUOTE="T.L.Jones]I suggest shopping around for quality, not price. Find the best instructors in your area and pay whatever their class costs. I know money can be tight, but good instruction is always worth the cost. I don't know anything about the class you saw for $40, but unfortunately, many of those classes run 25 to 30 students per instructor and are just designed to churn out students without much quality instruction. I've even seen many where the students take a total of 5 shots on the range and that's it.

[/QUOTE]
Well, at least for me. I've been around guns all my life. I have my brief Military training from the US Army. I've also taken a CCW class in Oregon about 15 years ago, but Ohio won't accept the fact that I am prior Military and I've already taken a CCW class, so I'm looking for the cheapest class to spit out so I can get my permit here in Ohio.