Oh God, I can just see ammo hoarding phase two just beginning

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL. The guy with the air gun lives in New York. In a few years he'll have to get a sling shot, provided he get's it registered and passes a back ground check.

Good article though. I liked the bit where the fellow says he "thinks" there is going to be an ammo shortage.

The hoarding started around 2008, then some folks developed mother's memory and figured things were continue to be the same. Other more astute types went out and bought more of those old GI Green ammo boxes and started stocking up.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Ammo shortage? What ammo shortage? Manufacturers are cranking out as much, if not more, than they ever have. People are buying it as soon as it hits the shelves and selling it on Gun Broker...for 2-3 times the normal price. Go check it out. You can get anything you want...for a price. This is going on with high capacity magazines and firearms as well. It wouldn't surprise me if owners of local gun stores and employees of the big lot stores are doing it too.

It's all about greed. Very sad. :(

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Special effects soundtrack to up coming movies.

Cop: Freeze or I will shoot!

sound of running feet

pfffft

pump pump pump pump

pfffft

pump pump pump pump

pfffft

Bad guy: Ouch!!!!

Just kidding, of course. Gun grabbers would like to have us all using air guns, then take away the cartridges and leave us with pump up pellet rifles. Of course, no black tactical looking ones.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Sarge said:
Ammo shortage? What ammo shortage? Manufacturers are cranking out as much, if not more, than they ever have. People are buying it as soon as it hits the shelves and selling it on Gun Broker...for 2-3 times the normal price. Go check it out. You can get anything you want...for a price. This is going on with high capacity magazines and firearms as well. It wouldn't surprise me if owners of local gun stores and employees of the big lot stores are doing it too.

I would rather just give up shooting all together rather than cater to the "carpet baggers" making a gouging profit on ammo from the current media frenzy nonsense. They are lower than whale dung at the bottom of the ocean. I told one gun shop owner just that recently. He was making a killing off the ammo. Had plenty of it, and you could buy all you wanted at his astronomical inflated prices. I will never walk into his shop again.

M

mukwah

Sarge said:

I'll have to agree with you sarge, seems like it's all about the "mean green"!!!!!! :mad: