Recipe Official Big Green Egg Thread

GA Firing Line

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
So my awesome wife won a large Big Green Egg at her work Christmas party and I finally got around to firing it up.

I rubbed down the Boston Butt with a mix of Famous Dave's rub mixed with some allusive HATE 666 dust and let marinate for 3 days. I also toss on some chicken for a snack before the butt is done.

Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon pulling that off the egg and clawing some meat.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bottoms polaris

Raised in the 80’s
Sep 19, 2015
Northwest ga.
Zip code
image.jpeg Cooked 16 ribeyes for Christmas Eve dinner on my Egg. Steak Maui. Marinated for 48 hours in pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and a couple other spices. They were delicious!!

Reactions: dougiemac

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
Well it's not it's no green egg...and it's not the prettiest. But my dad and I built this for to accommodate my weddings rehearsal dinner. It's a Santa Maria style grill with a smoker on the end. Those were 5 Boston butts, rubbed down with a mixture of garlic, cayenne, black pepper, salt, image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: DarthVader

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Well it's not it's no green egg...and it's not the prettiest. But my dad and I built this for to accommodate my weddings rehearsal dinner. It's a Santa Maria style grill with a smoker on the end. Those were 5 Boston butts, rubbed down with a mixture of garlic, cayenne, black pepper, salt, View attachment 14024 View attachment 14023

Those are the best smokers! The handmade ones repurposing other things to make a smoker from! This is awesome!

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
My wife won this one for me at Christmas courtesy of Delta.
Sweet man! Those things are freaking expensive! Hell, the Ace Hardware here in Cartersville makes tables just for those with coolers and other crap built in! I feel like a peasant! lol

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Sweet man! Those things are freaking expensive! Hell, the Ace Hardware here in Cartersville makes tables just for those with coolers and other crap built in! I feel like a peasant! lol

Yeah... this was valued at $1100... about $1000 more than my wife would let me spend on it.

Reactions: Wallace